Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lkmisc
Tutor
Tutor

I have had the Arlo Pro system since Nov 2017. The batteries were lasting for 4 or 5 months.  Now, under the same use conditions, I charge them up and they are drained down to 25% after just 6-7 DAYS, despite being on only at night and being triggered once, maybe twice, during the night with a recording of under 15 seconds. Recordings are set to optimized. I have tried the other setting to extend battery life, sacrificing the video quality, but that doesn't improve how long the batteries last. I am ready to return the Arlo Pro system, as I have been frustrated with them going offline at times, the night vision staying on despite the camera being turned off, and on and on. If I can't resolve the battery issue, back they go. Any advice as to why they are draining in a matter of days?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are several threads in this forum about this issue. It was a known bug in the base station firmware. A fixed firmware was pushed out this morning to all Arlo users that fixed the problem. Users are reporting battery usage back to normal. If you didn't get the new firmware yet, restart your base and it should update. The new firmware version you should have is 1.10.0.7_21310. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Firmware-Release-Scheduled-6-21-to-Address-IR-Rapid-Ba...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are several threads in this forum about this issue. It was a known bug in the base station firmware. A fixed firmware was pushed out this morning to all Arlo users that fixed the problem. Users are reporting battery usage back to normal. If you didn't get the new firmware yet, restart your base and it should update. The new firmware version you should have is 1.10.0.7_21310. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Stories/Firmware-Release-Scheduled-6-21-to-Address-IR-Rapid-Ba...