Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Flashzoom
Tutor
Tutor

Hi guys,

I am running into this issue with My Arlo Pro. I have a USB drive plugged into my USB 1 input on my Arlo Pro base.

I have formated within Arlo Pro, and set it to backup all videos, and set auto overwrite, basically anytime 

the available space falls under 5mb, it will auto overwrite.  But here is the problem, whenever the space gets to right about

5mb, it will stop recording onto the USB drive.  So the system NEVER overwrite old video files. it just simplely STOPS recording.   I have try it with multiple USB drives, and monitor it over the period of 3 to 6 months. it will NEVER overwrites the older video files. it just STOPS recording period. which is a problem for me. Because I don't know when it will stop, hence I have no way to know if I have videos backuped or not, unless I check the USB on regular basis, and clean it up manually.  That kind of defeats the purpose of having this function.  I have called support twice, 1st time saying I should try to reset my base unit, and try a different USB drive. 2nd time they haven't really give me a solution yet.  

I wanted to see if anyone else have this problem? or this is just Me with a defective unit?

thanks,

Mike

52 REPLIES 52
jeremy1216
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue that the auto overwriting of the USB storage is not working at all. Once it reaches the 5 MB threshold, the usb drive is disabled. I tried toggle the overwrite setting and revive it for a bit but it only last for a while. Other posts suggest for the latest firmware which I have already done (1.12.0.1_27940.

I have to format the USB drive all the time to enable the recording to the usb drive.

unhappyarlouser
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo support suggested that I use a different USB memory storage device. I've done that and am in the process of waiting for it to fill up to report whether overwrite occurs or disable again.

It seems that Arlo is more interested in workarounds rather than actually fixing the technology problem!
unhappyarlouser
Tutor
Tutor
I just checked my Arlo base station and verified that it has failed the same way (Disabled, rather than overwrite) with a replacement USB memory device.

Confirmed, it is an Arlo bug.