Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
KevinCanWait
Guide
Guide

Arlo Pro base station and 4 camera were connected and working. 

Then one day, the base station and cameras all said they were offline.

No event hppened that would have affected them. Tried to reset several times No luck. Followed other peoples suggestions to try to revive it. No luck.

Sick and tired of searching for answers every evening and wasting time trying to get the base station online. Tired of wasting my time trying to figure out if there is a miracle of a chance in the universe to contact soeone from support. 

Someone from the company needs to reply with simple, but thorough, and accurate instructions that solve the problem quickly and without trouble shooting questions. I see that a few thousand people here have had the same symptoms, but the solutions are draining. Need something simple. 

Great product...........when it works.

61 REPLIES 61
Mattysat
Initiate
Initiate
I had the same problem. App kept claiming bad station was off line. I deleted it and went through install process again and it was discovered. Cameras work fine again.
troxel
Guide
Guide

My base station went offline yesterday, too.
Two weeks ago, my 4 cameras stopped detecting or recording motion.
Two days ago, I received a message from Arlo to change my password.

This is security equipment were discussing here, right?

- Roy

MarkyMarky
Initiate
Initiate

I have had this problem periodically since I purchase Arlo over a year ago.  I usually catch it after a few days have gone by and I have not checked the cameras.  When I first noticed it, I was going to call but I forgot about it. Then I got complacent with this "is something that just happens" and never contacted support.  From what I've read a lot of people are having this problem but Arlo doesn't seem to be working on a fix.  FYI, when this happens, I have all green lights.  Seriously Arlo, find a fix for this. 

Ricksod
Initiate
Initiate

I have both the old and new controller running. I´ve had exactly the same problem with the pro 2. "The base station is offline", all three LED:S are green, the other controller with its cameras works fine all the time,restart doesnt help, rebooting routers etc makes no difference, the only fix is to logically remove the device, climb trees, retrieve  cameras, add them and the controller again, climb trees, mount cameras. This has happended twice. 

Judging from the amount of people having this problem, the lack of solutions and the lifetime of this thread it appears to be a feature rather than a bug... Should i request a refund??

ZZ1234
Tutor
Tutor

Has the base station going offline issue been fixed?  I have had this issue since February. I have opened over 4 tickets with Netgear and even had the base station swapped out just to have it go offline again. It will work for a day or so then goes offline. I am not always home to try and reset or power cycle so I don’t have any access to my cameras and never get alerts which is why I bought them in the first place. I believe this is a network issue. Possibly the ability for the base station to reconnect to the network. I think if the base station looses it’s network connection for any reason it goes offline. Could be power, WiFi, cable company issue whatever. The base station should automatically try to reconnect without me doing anything. Netgear you need to update the firmware in the base station to fix the issue. 

Vicrattlehead
Aspirant
Aspirant
Welp, I’m another user in the same boat. 3 green LEDs, but pro 2 base station is ‘offline’ even after a power cycle. Any fix to this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's not offline if all LEDs are green. Try logging out and back in as well as to try both the app and a browser.

ZZ1234
Tutor
Tutor

Has anything been released to fix this issue. It happened to me again yesterday. When I go in the app the battery operated cameras Arlo pro2 shows a message that says your base station is offline. I have one camera which is an indoor Arlo Q which stays online and still works. It is a WiFi issue. My base station has the power and cameras connected but the internet light is out. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi ZZ1234,

Have you tried rebooting your router 7 Base Station?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If the internet light is out, then it's an internet issue and/or router issue. Have you tried powering down modem, router, base. Then power modem back up, wait for it to connect to internet, then power up the router, wait for it to come up completely, then power up the base.

Also, when you see the base offline message and the internet light out on the base, go into your routers admin page and see if the base if listed as an attached / connected device. If it's not, then that's your problem. Your router and base aren't reconnecting to each other. Make sure router is setup to use DHCP.

Also just an FYI - internet bandwidth issues can cause the app to display offline. The other night I was downloading a 50GB game thru Steam. I let Steam use 100% of my bandwidth so it'll download faster. While it was downloading I couldn't get the Arlo or Smartthnigs apps to connect to their servers. Kepp getting offline message. The download was maxing out my bandwidth and I couldn't make the necessary connections. If I paused the download, Arlo and Smarthings worked fine and once the download was done both were fine again. Do you have anyone gaming or streaming videos or music or downloading files, using up your bandwidth, when this happens?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I use QoS to solve the bandwidth problem. Depending on your upload speed, reserve at least 200kbps (or more if you upload speeds are fast).

Dianech
Aspirant
Aspirant
I never thought of that. That makes sense. I am so tired of resetting cameras and that base station which is completely off, no lights, several times a week. I am disabled and have to stand up high to reset them. This is dangerous for me. Seems Arlo and Netgear do not care.