Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro base station not detecting USB device after insertion. Already formatted.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kat23wg
Follower
Follower

My arlo pro base station doesnt recognize the usb. I have formatted the USB its a scandisk ultra Flair 3.0 128 GB.  I have plugged it into the base station. Once I go to my devices and go to the storage location. I have the toggle "on" for usb storage and 'On" for overwrite. However underneath it states no USB device detected.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey kat23wg,

When you formatted your USB device, make sure you formatted it to FAT32. You can read here to learn how to set up Arlo Pro local storage: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

Adrian_Frazier
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. USB drive not detected. Did power cycle. Full reset and set cameras and schedule back up. Same usb with previous recordings. Computer recognizes usb drive. Tried different drives. Same issue. Think it’s related to the last firmware update. 1.14.0.2_2776. Web login doesn’t show a detected usb. App login doesn’t show either. Would like to get local storage functionality back.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Adrian_Frazier,

If you're having problems where your Base Station isn't recognizing your local storage but your computer does, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You'll find several ways to contact support in the provided link.