Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Williscl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been using the Arlo Pro 3 camera system for the past 7-8 months without any issue. I was able to access the cameras during the morning. However, during the afternoon I received the message stating the base station was not connected to the internet. Initial trouble shooting, Green Amber Green lights on the base station., showing no internet connection. Internet connectivity on the network was confirmed with multiple devices. Power cycled the base station with no change in status lights. Reset the modem and router as a precaution and still no change in status lights. ISP confirmed no issue with modem or router and all ports are open (with the exception of port 80). Even with port 80 blocked the system has been running without interruption for months. I do not want to incur an additional cost for a static ip to unblock 80 when it has been running without issue. I have done a factory reset to the base station and still no change. What is needed to bring the system back up.
4 REPLIES 4
Williscl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also changed Ethernet cable from base to router and used different LAN ports. Speed test run at 50 Mbps.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see no reason for port 80 to be blocked in any case. That's normal web traffic. It may be that the ISP recently changed something but isn't 'fessing up. Who is the ISP?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Your ISP might block port 80 for outbound traffic only most likely, usually so that you don't run a home web server. Inbound port 80 connections are probably still allowed. If you go into your routers admin configuration page, do you see the base as a conencted device? If you do, try giving the base a static IP in your router, instead of the router issuing one automatically via DHCP. If you don't see it as a connected device then that would be your problem. Try a full reboot of the whole system.... power off modem, router, arlo base, power in modem first, once all up, power on router, once all up, power on base.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Maybe changing your DNS can help? 

Here's a list.. 

DNS Addresses