Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Twice in the last few months my internet has gone down for a considerable amount of time (several hours). Today being one of those times. Both times I noticed that the base automatically reconnected to the internet without me having to power cycle the arlo base or my router. I remember months back that the base would not automatically reconnect, but now it is. Did netgear/arlo do a firmware update that fixed this previous issue?

My firmware is: 1.9.8.0_16666

Just curious because now it's working perfect. It's so nice to have your cameras back online after an internet outage without having to do anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Also 1.9.8.0_16666

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
I have never had any issue with my system recovering from power outages and I've had my Pro system since it was released.

So not sure about firmware update changing anything. Release notes are always short on details.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

wrote:
I have never had any issue with my system recovering from power outages and I've had my Pro system since it was released.

So not sure about firmware update changing anything. Release notes are always short on details.

Not power outage, internet outage (with the power still on, just the internet has gone down). Two different things. After a power outage the base gets rebooted so there is no issue. There used to be an issue when just the internet was down (and the power up) and when the internet came back up the base would not reconnect. Mine now reconnects.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I haven't experienced an outage but this is fantastic news if it's correct!! Thanks for the heads up!!

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

wrote:

I haven't experienced an outage but this is fantastic news if it's correct!! Thanks for the heads up!!

No problem. The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke, figured the power must have blipped too, even though my alarm system didn't notify me of a power outage. But today, while I was at work, my smartthings hub notified me that it was offline. I checked the cameras and they were down too and I couldn't contact any of my computers ether, so I knew internet was down. Called spectrum and verified internet was down in my area. About 3 hours later smartthings notified me that its hub was back online. I tried to contact my computer and I could reach it now. I then tried the cameras and they were also back online. Nothing was rebooted or power cycled, it all came back up.

I asked about the firmware because back in october 2017 I was notified by a netgear forum support tech that they were pushing a field trial of a new firmware to my hub to address hub offline issues. I'm wondering if I have the same firmware version as everyone else. Can you check your firmware version in the arlo app and let me know what you have. Thanks.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Also 1.9.8.0_16666

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Same as mine. Ok thanks.