Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
cariocatjb95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo pro Base station displaying offline msg, but lights are green. Any solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wrench69
Tutor
Tutor

Got my problem solved. Had to press the reset button on base station and sync all cameras again. All works fine now.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Remove power from the base, wait a few seconds and reapply power.

cariocatjb95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did that and still not working. Removed the power from the base last night and connected this morning.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @cariocatjb95

Does the base appear offline on the web browser & mobile app?

cariocatjb95
Aspirant
Aspirant

The physical base shows online w/ the three green lights on. The arlo app and web browser say “ Your base station is offline. Check if it is powered up and connected to the internet”.

I have already disconnected the power and ethernet cable a few times, rebooted the router, and the issue persists.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What firmware is your base station running?

Wrench69
Tutor
Tutor

I too have this problem. Have tried everything suggested and still shows offline. Problem started when i lost power 2 days ago

Wrench69
Tutor
Tutor

Got my problem solved. Had to press the reset button on base station and sync all cameras again. All works fine now.

cariocatjb95
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s exactly what happened as well. Base went offline after I lost power and still no solution.
BCSO98
Star
Star

Mine has been doing the same thing since the last update.  All green light are on and I get notifications when my cameras go off, but when I go to look at the videos they are not there.  I then have to cut the power to the base station and then turn it back on and then it works again.  I see by other threads this seems to be a common problem.  Get on this Arlo and put a fix out via firmware.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BCSO98

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

BCSO98
Star
Star

@ShayneS wrote:

@BCSO98

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

I'm outside of my 90 days free support.  Plus I don't want to spend hours on the phone listening to Arlo support telling me the problem is on my end.  Here's an idea, fix the problem that people have reported over and over!!  It's funny that I made several reports of the live feed lagging after an update in 2018.  I was told over and over that it was my internet speed which I knew it wasn't.  Now after this last update a couple weeks ago, it magically starts working again.  Arlo should really get their **bleep** together and fix the issues that their customers report.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BCSO98

You still have the option for support regardless of the 90 days, if you would like to contact them.

BCSO98
Star
Star

@ShayneS wrote:

@BCSO98

You still have the option for support regardless of the 90 days, if you would like to contact them.

For free?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@BCSO98

Yes sir for free

cariocatjb95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solution that just worked for me. In the arlo app:

• Settings >>> My devices >>> Select the first option which shows the base station icon >>> Scroll all the way down to "Remove Device". After that I added everything back again (base station and 4 cameras). All cameras are now working.

FYI - Everytime I added a camera, the app searched for a new firmware update for the base station which added maybe an extra 3min per camera. Each camera also went through a firmware update. Not a big deal since they are all working again now.

I hope this solution works for you as well. Good Luck.

cariocatjb95
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, but instead of pressing the reset button, I used arlo app:

• Settings >>> My devices >>> Select the first option which shows the base station icon >>> Scroll all the way down to "Remove Device". After that I added everything back again (base station and 4 cameras). All cameras are now working.

FYI - Everytime I added a camera, the app searched for a new firmware update for the base station which added maybe an extra 3min per camera. Each camera also went through a firmware update. Not a big deal since they are all working again now.

I hope this solution works for you as well. Good Luck.

BCSO98
Star
Star

Why should we have to jump through hoops for our expensive product to work?  This issue has happened several times, each time I was able to get my system back running by turning it off and then back on.  My issue is, I shouldn't have to do this.  Arlo knows there is a problem, so FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!