Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro base going offline after six months of no problems

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hiker23
Aspirant
Aspirant

9/29/17 - After six months of no problems with my Arlo Pro base and 2 Arlo Pro cameras my base went offline last week and is very difficult to get up back up. When it does come back up it works for up to a day then cuts out again. When it goes offline the the power and internet lights light up quickly in wild alternatiing fashion with an occasional quick green camera light, and eventually the power light will stay amber for a minute then starts the alternating lights all over again. 

The base is hooked up to a netgear router which I have another device hooked up to with no issues. I've hooked my laptop up to the router with the same cable provided with the Arlo system and browsed web sites with no problem. I've also hooked the base directly to the modem with no help. Also I've restarted the modem and router and didn't help. 

I removed my devices from the app and did a factory restart twice (It took several tries of pressing the factory reset button for 10 seconds to actually get the three led's to flash amber). After restarting the first time only 1 camera would sync. After restarting the second time I was able to sync both cameras and the system detected motion on both cameras fine and sent me notifications through the app but was offline again by the next morning. After the third time it went down I just turned the base off for 24 hours then turned it back on and it connected and stayed online working fine for another 24 hours before going offline again. 

In the mean time while the base is offline the cameras are searching for the base which quickly drains their batteries. 

I'm starting to think this is a hardware failure or something to do with the recent firmware update. Anyone have any ideas? 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Invoke your 1 year warranty by opening a case with support.

Hiker23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been back and forth with them for over a week now. They offer one bizzar suggestion after another, sidelining my request for replacement under warranty. Guess I need to start calling instead.