Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Will the Arlo Pro Base be backward compatible with past Arlo wireless cameras? I have 3 of them 4 months old and will not replace them. I may consider adding a Arlo Pro if they'll be compatible. What else can I do. Frustrated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gildrish,

Yes, Arlo Wire-Free cameras will sync with the Arlo Pro Base station. Arlo Pro cameras can also be synced to the Arlo Wire-Free base station.

For more information on Arlo Pro, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Paybax
Guide
Guide
Me too. I would get the new pro system with maybe 2 cams and use 3 of my old ones still. Then give my old base station and cams to my parents.
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Descriptions say the Arlo Pro will be compatible with all Bases. I believe you could just add the new camera to your current base.

Paybax
Guide
Guide
We could but don't want to go that route. Things like Apple TV integration likely won't hit the old model either.
gildrush
Apprentice
Apprentice

Just wanted to point that out. BTW my current base does work with my Apple TV.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gildrish,

Yes, Arlo Wire-Free cameras will sync with the Arlo Pro Base station. Arlo Pro cameras can also be synced to the Arlo Wire-Free base station.

For more information on Arlo Pro, see here: Arlo Pro The world’s first and only 100% wire-free, weatherproof, rechargeable HD smart security cam...

JamesC

TRSmudge
Aspirant
Aspirant
What do you mean by Apple TV won't hit old model? I loaded the new Apple TV App the other day and works great? Just curious do you mean the older Apple TV's?
Paybax
Guide
Guide
Well I saw this from the CNet article so assumed it meant like alerts or something on Apple TV but they were probably just wrong.

Like the original Arlo, Arlo Pro will work with IFTTT and Samsung's SmartThings. Netgear also plans to introduce integrations with Apple TV and Apple Watch in the near future. We're tracking down a review unit now, so be sure to visit again soon for pricing and our full impressions of Arlo Pro.

https://www.cnet.com/products/netgear-arlo-pro/preview/

TRSmudge
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah that article isn't quite up to date. I can tell you Arlo launched a few days ago on Apple TV, I use it. It's basically like the mobile App, but you can view 1, 2, 4 on screen at a time and make changes to modes as well.
Paybax
Guide
Guide
Ya I have it as well. It would be awesome if you got a notification that prompts to switch to Arlo.