Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro as a 6th camera

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lara12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm thinking of adding an Arlo Pro with the pro base to my other existing 5 arlo (original model) cameras.

I know the cloud storage is only free for up to 5 cameras, but can I add a sixth one and just use the local storage for that one? Would that work?

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lara12,

While the camera can be added to your existing 5 camera account, it will not record or stream unless you upgrade your subscription plan (premier or elite) to allow more cameras. Take a look here for subscription plan information: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

That being said there is an alternative solution that many users have found helpful. You could set up the Arlo Pro base and camera on a new account (with a different email address) and then share the Arlo Pro with the original account using the Grant Access feature (allowing it to be viewed on the primary account along with your 5 original cameras). Take a look here for more information on how this is done: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lara12,

While the camera can be added to your existing 5 camera account, it will not record or stream unless you upgrade your subscription plan (premier or elite) to allow more cameras. Take a look here for subscription plan information: What are the available Arlo subscription plans and how much cloud storage is available?

That being said there is an alternative solution that many users have found helpful. You could set up the Arlo Pro base and camera on a new account (with a different email address) and then share the Arlo Pro with the original account using the Grant Access feature (allowing it to be viewed on the primary account along with your 5 original cameras). Take a look here for more information on how this is done: How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

JamesC