Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
marksand
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it possible to use the Arlo Pro with it constantly supplied with power? I have a nearby outlet for some of the cameras and would like to power them continuously.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes you can. 

You can also remove the battery and run it without the battery keeping it as a spare for the other cameras.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Yes you can. 

You can also remove the battery and run it without the battery keeping it as a spare for the other cameras.

marksand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Each camera come with its own power supply if I choose not to go wireless? I am looking at the 4 camera system. Any advice before I buy would be appreciated. Thanks!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

4 pack comes with 4 batteries, one charge adapter/cable TBMK

But a qualcomm quick charge adapter 5/9v with micro usb with work ( a standard usb adapter at 5v will run the camera but not charge battery )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Streak2
Master Master
Master
The 4 camera Arlo Pro system comes with one power supply for the base and one dual voltage USB charger which can also be used as a camera power supply for indoor use.

Charging the battery in camera needs the 9v of the dual voltage charger but running the camera only needs the usual USB 5v so you could use almost any USB supply of the correct rating.

You could look at using Arlo Q, each with its own power supply indoor and Arlo Pro outdoor.

marksand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any difference in quality with the Pro vs Q? I may find a third party usb supply with a similar current rating to power the Pro's. Sorry for all of the questions, but spending $600 for 4 camera system is causing me to be certain.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

The Q is full 1080p and the pro 720p when set to full resolution.

The Q is not waterproof and not designed for outdoor use.

Almost all of the current batch of USB power supplies are rated at least 1A and 5V and would be fine to run the cameras should you choose to stick with the Pros indoors instead of going the Q route.

marksand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good to know! I appreciate the information. Any other suggestions before I buy? Perhaps a reputable seller? 

Alphadog73
Aspirant
Aspirant
Could you please put a link to the exact Qualcomm adapter needed. I googled it and am getting hundreds of different adapters.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Any of them should work but I'd stick with name brands. Samsung, Motorola, etc. should be fine. The key is the quality as well as 5 and 9 volts.
Streak2
Master Master
Master
I used the charger for my S7 Edge and it worked perfectly.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the charger works, but the S7 cable doesn't fit ( to large at the micro usb end, would need triming  )

Morse is faster than texting!
marksand
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dual voltage, eh?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

5v will run the camera but you need 9v to charge the battery.