Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro and Smartthings

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Nicolecook89
Follower
Follower
I have been having issues with my Arlo Pro cameras since about a month after I purchased them. I decided to go with Arlo Pro over another brand for a few reasons. First and firemost, they are compatible with Smartthings or so I thought. I want to have my mode as smartthings as that's how I control EVERYTHING in my home. The first month it worked great. I'm not sure what changed buy now if ran in smartthings mode they revert back to serial numbers and it says, camera one do nothing if motion or sound on camera two, camera three do nothing if sound or motion on camera two. I reset them how they are suppose to be and the next day they have done it again. So then I do it through stringify in Armed mode, now it stays how I want but when I click to watch one of my recorded videos they all go to zero, even though before I clicked on it it said I had 214. I'm not sure why I am having so many issues. These cameras were raved about and I'm honestly wondering if I made the wrong choice. Anyone else having the same issues? Anyone know how to fix the problem? I was so happy with my purchase the first month they worked how I expected. Now I feel like I just wasted $800 (that I didn't really have but my families safety is priceless).
1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Nicolecook89

Several months ago I had this problem, ( as have many others and many are still having it), but I don't remember exactly what I did to correct it. I wish I could give you a 1 minute answer but, unfortunately you may have to try a few things to solve the problem.

1) Don't try to mix and match Modes with Smartthings - simply allow Smartthings to control everything unless you need to set the audio parameters, etc.

2) Don't use the Smartthings Mode in Arlo at all, in fact you can delete it altogether. Just set your Arlo Mode to Armed and if everything is setup in Smartthings, Smartthings will control everything.

That is the short answer. If what I said above doesn't work, then delete every camera in Smartthings along with its associated Smart Apps, Rules, etc. In Arlo, setup one simple rule for each camera, (camera 1 triggers camera 1 to record video on motion detection). Rename your Cameras to whatever name you wish it to be.

Then go into the Smartthings Market Place > Cameras and select Connect Now. Follow the screens for each model of Arlo Base Stations, (original or Pro), and select the cameras associated with that base station) and connect them - don't forget to also connect your Pro sirens. If you have any Q or Q Plus cameras go back and add them.

Notice that even if you deleted the Arlo Smartthings Mode, it will show up agaain. Don't use it. Only use the Arlo Armed mode. 

Now go back into Smartthings and rebuild your Routines, Custom Apps and SHM.

Hopefully, you will not need to use the second choice I gave.

Try that and let me know how it goes. Mine are now working correctly as they were designed to do.

Brian