Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 cameras - geofencing not working correctly.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lb711
Guide
Guide

I have to keep disabling and then reenabling my iphone 6s+ on ios 11.2.6 for arlo to change whether it is in or out of the geofence zone. Only then will my camera recoved video based on the motion settings and also notify me via an email notification. There seems to be a problem with arlo connection to the ios location services to accurately adjust the geofence. Is this a known issue that is being addressed in a future arlo update?

2 REPLIES 2
grizzdaddy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me, crickets on every thread related to this massive geofencing issues from Netgear. 

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@lb711wrote:

I have to keep disabling and then reenabling my iphone 6s+ on ios 11.2.6 for arlo to change whether it is in or out of the geofence zone. Only then will my camera recoved video based on the motion settings and also notify me via an email notification. There seems to be a problem with arlo connection to the ios location services to accurately adjust the geofence. Is this a known issue that is being addressed in a future arlo update?

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Geofencing-stopped-working/td-p/1532428