Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Wireless Base will not connect to internet

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
patrickbarrett
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro base station is offline and will not connect to the internet.  The internet light is not on.  I tried resetting and cycling the power several times.  Tried new ethernet cable and different port on the router.  Any solutions-looks like this is a common issue?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a factory reset on the base ( hold in the reset for ten sec till the front leds flash amber )...  see if it comes back

( takes a few mins ) you may have to claim the base in the prgm/app

If not, turn off then restart your modem then router with time between each to allow it to come online, then finally plug in the base

You will have to start over and claim the base then after power and internet leds on, sync the cams

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JR04
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you getting messages saying the Arlo device is offline when trying to view the cameras? If so we are having the same issue. I have 2 of 5 cameras working but the 3 that aren't are saying the device is offline. I have powered my base station off an back on and no change. I have another location that seems to be working fine right now.

Before I waste the day using a nuclear option to reset everything I will wait to see if the issue clears because netgear fixed it on their end. I will contact tech support tomorrow if it is still not resolved. There are posts about this happening in the past and it always seems to resolve itself.

Just an observation... I am disapointed with the quality of this service as of late. It was great when I first installed everything a couple of years ago but it is getting harder and harder to connect back into the cameras for live streaming from the app. The website seems to work better but the app requires two or three attempts to connect and stream video from a camera for live traffic. I am seeing this from multiple devices and I have cameras at multiple locations so I know it is not the internet connection.

patrickbarrett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all that.  Still no green LED indicating internet connection.  Any other solutions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Internet LED is of as you indicated, there's not even a connection to your router. Restart your router first and see what happens. If still nothing, restart the base. At that point, it would seem to be a bad port on either the base or router or a bad cable. Swap cables and use a different router port.