Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro “Time To Change Battery” Message But Plugged In.?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Doggiepics
Aspirant
Aspirant

App says it is “time to change batteries”. Only had camera for couple of months so batteries still new, battery has drained down, plugged it in, but still get the message “time to change batteries” and cannot see any picture

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

A couple of months could drain a battery depending on how many times a day it activates and how far away from the base it is and what the temperature is. Can you remove the battery and then put it back in and then connect the charger? Have you got another Arlo Pro or Pro 2 that you can swap the battery with?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes restarting the base clears this.

Doggiepics
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your suggestions. I’m unfortunately away from the house and camera for a few days and use the camera to make sure my doggies are doing ok and they are getting the food correctly from the automated feeding machines. Is there anything I can try remotely? 

I’m not sure that I have used the charger and cable that came with the camera and may have used a small Apple iPhone charger instead.....is there a difference? 

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You need to use the supplied charger or an apapter that is Quaalcom dual voltage Quick Charge adapter 5/9 v. There are various brands having this function available on Amazon, or use one that came with a mobile phone that has this capability such as Samsung Galaxy 8 or 9 (but not the cable since those are USB C, not mini). Anything that is not Quaalcom Quick Charge technology will not work.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can use Settings, My Devices, your base, Restart to remotely restart the base. That's all you can do from afar.

And these cameras and many phones use microUSB connectors, not mini.  🙂

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Uh ... yeah ... my bad. Micro.