Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Wireless Base Station USB storage capicity

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
runnr548
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Pro Wireless with base station.  The base station has two USB ports available for storage.  I need to know what size USB storage the base station can support.  How much per USB...how much total?  Is there a particular brand USB drive that works better with the base station than another.  I called support, and after over 30 minutes on hold I hung up.  Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro base will support ONE usb drive at a time ( tho there are two slots , when both installed only one records ).

The USB drive can be up to 2TB in size using fat32 format.

Since 10 sec of record is aprox 1Mb, there would be plenty of room

Most users seem to like USB sticks as they 1) don't need external power and 2) are easy to remove and put into another computer.

Any quality brand will work... I've been using a 32 and 64GB sticks by Lexar that I got in costco

Remember that the usb can't be view in the Pro base, but must be ejected and placed into another device to read the mp4 files.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro base will support ONE usb drive at a time ( tho there are two slots , when both installed only one records ).

The USB drive can be up to 2TB in size using fat32 format.

Since 10 sec of record is aprox 1Mb, there would be plenty of room

Most users seem to like USB sticks as they 1) don't need external power and 2) are easy to remove and put into another computer.

Any quality brand will work... I've been using a 32 and 64GB sticks by Lexar that I got in costco

Remember that the usb can't be view in the Pro base, but must be ejected and placed into another device to read the mp4 files.

Morse is faster than texting!
runnr548
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!