Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

ARLO PRO will not play videos from library via computer

Version - 2.5.5.923_22854

Released - 08/16/18

HW Version - VMB4000r3

Serial Number - 4R026B7YA33CF

Firmware - 1.10.0.8_22190

Modem: ARRIS

Router: SAGEMCOM

Windows 10 and Windows 7 Computers

Windows Defender – Antivirus

Cannot play video from library from a computer.

Screen simply says “LOADING” and the video never plays.

Can play video from library from an iPhone.

Can download the video from library to a computer, and it will then play.

19 REPLIES 19
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

More than likely your using Edge or IE... recently MS did an update to the browsers and it started this issue.

Try Fire Fox.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Arlo is aware of the issue with playing library videos in IE11 and Edge. They said they are investigating the issue.

For a workaround for now........Either try another browser or when using Edge........ click on the three dots for the video you want to view, choose share, choose copy link, open a new tab, right click in the address bar in the new tab and choose paste and go. You can now view the videos.

Holydoc
Guide
Guide

Ok, this has been over a week now since this thread was started.  Any status on the IE fix?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have 5 ARLO cameras and the base station. We are suppose to be able to view our libray of videos. BUT WE CAN NOT. All we get is "LOADING". They nevr play. We can view them in the iPhone. We can download them and view them. We can even view them from within the email motion notification email you send. BUT WE CAN NOT view them using IE or EDGE from the LIBRARY. In FAct, we cannot load the ARLO SUPPORT UPDATE PAGE using IE OR EDGE. We have to use Firefox or Chrome. This is FALSE ADVERTISING.

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

But When??  We are hearing Nothing at all from ARLO.

We have 5 ARLO cameras and the base station. We are suppose to be able to view our libray of videos. BUT WE CAN NOT. All we get is "LOADING". They nevr play. We can view them in the iPhone. We can download them and view them. We can even view them from within the email motion notification email you send. BUT WE CAN NOT view them using IE or EDGE from the LIBRARY. In FAct, we cannot load the ARLO SUPPORT UPDATE PAGE using IE OR EDGE. We have to use Firefox or Chrome. This is FALSE ADVERTISING.

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Agreed

Kalie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Rabrand1955
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue, and I am using Firefox.  Sometimes the videos play, other times they won't.  It used to work perfectly.  They do work on my Android phone.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@ShayneS

Going on 3 months since this issue first came up. Having a broken website for almost 3 months is unheard of in this day and age.

What is the status on fixing the Arlo website so we can view library videos with Edge?

cksabo13
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here that not all videos play even though it shows in the library.  I don't use IE or Edge, only Chrome and a percentage of the videos will not play on the computer.  It's so annoying and I'm missing what's occurring.  The cameras also have gaps on recording.  I really like these cameras when I got them about a year ago but is degraded.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Try rebooting your base. Also, download the problem videos as well as some good ones and compare file sizes. See if they play ok or not when downloaded.
pearsonchuck
Star
Star

Library viewing via Edge and MS 10 FINALLY fixed today Nov 21 2018 release  after having this problem since Aug 15 2018.  I guess Arlo figured they better fix this now before Christmas shoppers start researching  security cameras. 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Confirmed as well. Microsoft Edge browser now plays library videos once again.

Holydoc
Guide
Guide

Merry Christmas to me!  I can watch my videos again on my computer.  Whoop!

cksabo13
Aspirant
Aspirant

still doens't play for me on Edge or IE.  I'm thinking it's the actual camera.  I also tried downloading and nothing works.  I'm missing big chunks of recordings.  I click to the next video (3-4 won't play) hoping to figure out what's going on.  I have restarted the base station as well.  And now on top of videos not playing one camera on the front of the house whites out.  I read in the community I have to get the ladder and take the battery out and add as new camera...this is getting too ridiculous!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If it recorded, it's likely not the camera. Have you updated Windows completely? What build number are you on?

cksabo13
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat,

I’ve tried viewing on my work computer with windows 10, my iphone app etc. not all the videos will play. And sometimes if the video plays there’s no sound. These cameras used to work great when I got them less than a year ago but is now degraded everyday.

Bootzs201
Aspirant
Aspirant