Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bobcats9498
Tutor
Tutor

I am experiencing a weird phenomenon with one of my Arlo Pro cameras. Here is the situation:

When I live view with the camera, the video shows great.

IMG_0396.PNG

However, when I go into Video Settings and Pan/Zoom (to focus more on the porch):

IMG_0394.PNG

and then Live view again, I get nothing but a black screen. I can still hear sound. 

IMG_0395.PNG

Anyone else experience this? It worked fine yesterday, but doesn't want to play nice today. I need to be able to pan/zoom in order to cut out part of the brick wall which causes the night vision to not be clear on the porch itself (or have to physically move the camera). Any thoughts as to what's going on or a remedy? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I haven't experienced that but be aware that the pan and zoom simply crops the viewable image so likely won't fix your issue. You'll probably have to rotate or otherwise reposition the camera to get what you need.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Update - Took me all this time to actually try the process and recover from it. I did, indeed, get the black live view and couldn't get it to clear, even by logging out. I ended up removing the camera in Settings and resyncing it to regain control. I'm not convinced that was the only way to do it but itsywhat I tried. I'd say it's a new case to be opened using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

bobcats9498
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @jguerdat. I assumed it just cropped the image, but when I used that feature last night, I was able to clearly see images without having to move the camera. Was using that as a stop-gap until I can reposition the camera. BTW, I called Netgear and they advised to remove and readd the camera to see if that fixes the problem. Have 2 cameras with pan/zoom, but this is the only one experiencing this behavior. Likely will just break down and reposition the camera this weekend. 🙂

bobcats9498
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks @jguerdat. I'm sorry it blacked out on you and you had to reset. Happy though it is reproducable. Netgear mentioned they were able to reproduce it as well and generated a case. Hopefully they will dig into it and find a solution soon. Appreciate the help and confirmatuion of the issue.

bobcats9498
Tutor
Tutor

Quick update. This issue seems to strike all of my cameras. My case has been escalated and I will be speaking with a support engineer this weekend to continue troubleshooting. I am hopeful they will log this issue and work on a solution soon. Will post updates as they happen.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bobcats9498,

I would like to take a closer look at the issue you are describing. Could you private message me your case information so that I can follow this case?

Thank you,

JamesC