Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro (VMC4030) will not work. Took it down to charge but after unplugging, it won't work.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jmh684
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro was working fine (for over a year now). I took down the camera and plugged it in to charge. After 6+ hours charging (usually never takes that long), the camera wouldn't charge to over 36%. After unplugging it, I could not get the camera to work at all. I tried removing it from the app and re-adding it but the camera will not sync. When I push the sync button, nothing happens. Is the camera trash?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds more like a battery or charger issue.

The pro needs the original charger to properly charge ( 5 and 9v output )

if you use a regular usb charger it won’t work

Also, pull battery and plug it to ac only as it will run on 5v .... try and sync then

( do not hold base sync button, quick press then camera)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Jmh684
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have removed the battery, plugged it into the original charger and nothing is happening. The blue light only flashes when I plug it in. Nothing else happens when I push the sync button.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It is normal for the camera LED to blink blue once when power is applied...

you are pressing the base button quickly and then the camera within 3 feet of base ?

Morse is faster than texting!
Jmh684
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I did try that. The sync button on the camera still does nothing when pressed.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jmh684,

If you tried pressing the sync button only on both your Base Station and camera but it's still not working, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.