Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro VMB4000 not geofencing on one phone. Version 2.7.1

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Dbeaud21
Initiate
Initiate

I have geofencing set up with the required settings on my and my wife’s phone including access granted from my account. For some reason my wife’s phone never registers coming or going and therefore not activating the cameras. If I’m away and she gets home, I’ll start getting motion alerts.

When I go into “enabled devices “ for example, it will show she is “in zone” when she’s away. When I clear the check and then save, I’ll  go back and check it off again and the check disappears, and sometimes will disappear a second time after checking. After the second or third time it will stay checked and I’ll save and go back and it will now show as “unavailable”. Any clues to what the issue might be?

3 REPLIES 3
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@Dbeaud21 wrote:

I have geofencing set up with the required settings on my and my wife’s phone including access granted from my account. For some reason my wife’s phone never registers coming or going and therefore not activating the cameras. If I’m away and she gets home, I’ll start getting motion alerts.

When I go into “enabled devices “ for example, it will show she is “in zone” when she’s away. When I clear the check and then save, I’ll  go back and check it off again and the check disappears, and sometimes will disappear a second time after checking. After the second or third time it will stay checked and I’ll save and go back and it will now show as “unavailable”. Any clues to what the issue might be?

There is a problem with Geofencing.  I have a similar problem with two devices on geofencing.  Typical recommendations seem to be what you have tried.  You could try deleting the app after removing the check and saving.  Perhaps even restart you’re device and then re-install it and set her device up for geofencing again.  Make sure she has the Arlo app approved for location tracking.

Dbeaud21
Initiate
Initiate

I deleted the app on her phone and reinstalled. Interestingly all previous settings remained after deleting except that her own phone wasn’t checked under “enabled devices “ so I did check it off and so far geofencing is working as it should. Hopefully it holds. Thanks for the tip. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Good luck!  I hope it behaves.