Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro (VMB4000) and 3 Arlo Pro that wont do push to talk feature.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BertAvert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the Arlo Pro base station with 3 cameras for about 2 months and have had issues from the get go. 

Main issue: 

The main reason why I went with this option was for the push to talk. I wanted to be able to talk to my family, or talk to someone at the door while I'm away at work. However, EVERYTIME, since they've been installed, it has never worked well regardless of the platform that I use. 

When I push the push to talk button, the entire system freezes and goes very slow. I have no idea if any sound ever went through to the camera because the feed stops and will only resume if I close the push to talk. So basically it defeats any purpose of having it. =

Also the load time is terrible. By the time I receive the notification and the cameras load up, either the person has already left, which again makes it useless. Or, if they do stick around, I can't talk to them like I wanted. 

This again was the main reason why I went with this brand. 

Things I've tried:

1 - Contacted support, and spoke with someone for 45 minutes. In the end they suggested it was my internet connection. However, I have 80 mbps, which is more than enough to stream any movie, while watching netflix and streaming online gaming. The speed is more than efficient. 

2- I've tried unsyncing all of the cameras and base station, and doing a factory reset. The issue still persisted afterward. 

3- All of the forums I've read said that it was a Arlo app issue, however, I have tried it with both apple and android devices, as well as the web interface but all have the exact same issue. 

4- I've even switched both the modem and router for different ones, using different settings but still the issue has persisted. modem's and routers.

Please! Someone help! 

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BertAvert

I would suggest contacting customer support again & let them know that the issue persists. 

BertAvert
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been trying to but the "Arlo Live Chat" doesn't work. I've tried about 10 times, from multiple different computers, on different days, and using multiple different browsers, and I never get connected. I will attach a screenshot of what it's doing. Is it just me or am I missing something? 

I've disabled basically all security options for the site or at least set privacy and security to allow all from the site. 

I don't have time to sit and talk on the phone for an hour again. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information. Due to the amount of issues described I have opened a case for you. I will contact you via private message with further information.