Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro VMB4000 5 cameras w/ 308-10029 batteries discharge in less than a week

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
scenicjetboats
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the Arlo Pro VMB4000 w/ 5 cameras 3 out 2 in.  I have always rotated batteries and charging.  This last spring we upgraded our wi-fi router.  Ever since battery life has been terrible.  Not sure of purchase date.  Is this a battery issue or something else?  1 battery won't even charge now.  I use an arlo 2 110V battery charger.  Not sure if I need to buy new batteries although I've read where they should be good for 500 charges, can't imagine I have 100 on each battery.  TYIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI - moving the base away from the router may be useful.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scenicjetboats wrote:

We have the Arlo Pro VMB4000 w/ 5 cameras 3 out 2 in.  I have always rotated batteries and charging.  This last spring we upgraded our wi-fi router.  Ever since battery life has been terrible.  

Changing the router shouldn't affect battery life, since the the cameras are connecting to the closed wifi being generated by the VMB4000 base.

Are you seeing any problems with signal quality (drop-outs in recordings, problems when livestreaming, etc).

scenicjetboats
Aspirant
Aspirant

No drop in picture video quality just a lot shorter battery life.  Used to last month +  Now less than a week.  Doesn't seem to matter which battery or camera.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there any increase in video activity?  If you use activity zones, you'd need to remove them in order to estimate this.

scenicjetboats
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I have not changed any settings since it was installed several years ago.  Really had no issues until like I mentioned our old router was about 11 years old and we were provided an upgrade with our internet provider.  I saw firmware could be an issue but Utilities says everything is up to date.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scenicjetboats wrote:

So I have not changed any settings since it was installed several years ago. 

Not what I asked - it would be useful to get some idea of the current video activity (seconds of recordings per day, with any activity zones removed).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just an FYI - moving the base away from the router may be useful.

scenicjetboats
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry but understand.  So I thought I might be picking up road traffic but aimed cameras a little lower to rule that out plus reviewing video.  I would say little difference in captures over the time we have had the cameras.

scenicjetboats
Aspirant
Aspirant

I will try this as right now they are within a foot of each other.  Thank you

scenicjetboats
Aspirant
Aspirant

Batteries are still almost fully charged after moving the base just a couple more feet from router (about 4' overall) Thank you.  Guessing it was pickup feed from other items attached to the router.