Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Updates

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pipewrench59
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently purchased an Arlo Pro for a vacation house.  We have dsl on premisis at 2.4mbps.  It was an easy install. However the base station is telling me it needs an update but no matter what I do it fails both manually and with the early A.M. update.  I have tried the android app and a windows laptop.  It has been trying for a week now.  No live feed except for live positioning of camera.  Both cameras are picking up motion at times, so I can see them in the library and I do get notified.  Currently 1 camera is telling me it needs to warm up to work.  A weather underground station close by says it's 4 above. Pretty cold but I thought these work to -4.  This update for the base is crazy.  Why can't they program these to finish updates no matter what speeds they are getting?  I can watch HD Netflix off the dsl but arlo pro can't download an update, come on!  How many gb are these updates?  I liked the features arlo pro offered but seriously thinking of returning it.  If I have to bring the base and cameras to a place with a cable internet connection it really defeats its purpose.  Sorry to vent here but people should be aware of the problems associated with the products. 

1 REPLY 1
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Did you try a reboot