Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro - Still can't review Arlo library videos using Win10 with Edge or IE

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
MichaelBishop
Tutor
Tutor

So it's been a week since Microsoft issued updates to Windows 10 that seemingly broke Arlo Pro.  Specifically, I cannot review/stream Arlo library videos using either Edge or IE.  The message I get when attempting to review a video is "Loading..." which hangs forever.  Arlo library videos can be viewed if using the Firefox browser - or if using an Android device.  I should also point out that I can view other mp4 type videos from Edge and IE from all the other web sites I've tried - but just not from the the arlo.netgear.com web site where the Arlo library videos reside.   So something is broken somewhere.  I suspect Microsoft fixed something in their browsers (a security issue perhaps?) that broke Arlo.  My hope is that some software engineers at Arlo/Netgear are looking into this - because it is a very annoying problem that requires extra steps by me to review my Arlo videos.   Thank you. 

8 REPLIES 8
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

+1

Same as you using Edge. MP4 works EVERY WHERE else except viewing videos from the Arlo library.

This issue needs to be fixed. How long can it take to fix the code on their webpage and/or the backend.....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ask MS. They're the ones that broke it.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If ALL other websites on the planet that stream or allow you to view MP4's work and Arlo's site is the only one that doesn't work then the problem is with the website, not the browser. Yes MS made a change, but they didn't break anything, all they did was expose the arlo website as not being coded correctly for IE and Edge. Once the issue was identified Arlo should have fixed it quickly.

I will also mention that even before the recent MS update that Edge and IE11 had troubles with the library on the Arlo site. I could only play 10-15 videos in a row before you couldn't view anymore and the screen would just say "loading.....", just like it does now. I confirmed this bug, before the recent updates, on 4 different computers and a surface tablet, running win7 and win10 with Edge and IE11. To get videos working again you had to refresh the page and log back in again.

The problem existed long before the recent updates. The updates simply exposed the bad code even more. Now we get "loading..." right away, instead of after 10-15 videos.

MichaelBishop
Tutor
Tutor

Microsoft may have inadvertantly uncovered or introduced an issue, but I would think the Arlo software developers would want to get to the bottom of it - right away - for the sake of their own customers who are trying, with difficulty, to use Arlo products.   Since I, as a customer, have no access to the code on the Microsoft side of things, nor do I have access to the code on the Netgear side of things, I am the least empowered to further investigate the root cause of this software bug - or to write and test bugfix code that resolves the issue.   Surely there is a software engineer at Netgear that can step up and figure out what is going on in the code.  Perhaps it is a software problem with Microsoft - but, in this case, Netgear is the only qualified entity to know that, because they can review/debug their own code and see where the hang up is.  If it turns out that it is a Microsoft problem, and there is no work-a-round available, at least Netgear could then file a bug report with Microsft and explain precisely where the bug is from their perspective - which would be more informed than my perspective.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been escalated to the development team and is currently being investigated. I don't have any updates currently but will post again when I have more information.

JamesC

MichaelBishop
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you.  This user/customer appreciates your efforts to resolve this issue.

Bryan_F
Aspirant
Aspirant

It's not just Pro.  My Arlo system has the same problem. 😞

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating this issue. As a workaround temporarily you can try using a different browser or do the following:

1.    In the Library, click on the 3 dots

2.    Click on Share > Copy Link
3.    Paste in URL bar