Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
StanS
Follower
Follower

I'm interested in purchasing the Arlo Pro for its two (2) way sound (Mic/speaker) and want to make sure it will work properly with my older Base Station. Will the sound work with this configuration on an older Bas Station?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

StanS wrote:

I'm interested in purchasing the Arlo Pro for its two (2) way sound (Mic/speaker) and want to make sure it will work properly with my older Base Station. Will the sound work with this configuration on an older Bas Station?

Thanks!

Yes... I'm running a PRO on the older Arlo base right now for testing purposes .

Can say have really have no problem, PRO sync'ed right up as a Arlo cam does.  Audio and mic feature are there in the same web browser app.

I'm finding the audio coming out of the PRO not very loud, but loud enought to hear from 20+ft away from where I normal sit at computer... Mic working fine on the web (Fire Fox ) and will be testing ipad/android soon.  Finding a 1-2 sec delay in speaking to hearing the voice come out the far side.

I also like the fact it works in the same schedule as the regular Arlo cams ( not a separate schedule like the Qs )

Any other questions , feel free. ( or any thing special you think I should try )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------