Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Solar Panel Issues

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Orangecrush00
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Arlo Pro cameras, and each one has a solar panel I purchased from the Arlo website. Two were purchased May 22, 2022 and the other on October 15, 2022.  The two purchased in May seem to have stopped working as I get the "connect a compatible charger" error with them. 

I've tried contacting support, but apparently I "don't qualify for live support", and am directed to forums and a virtual assistant who is literally virtually useless. 

Does anyone have any idea what Ican do to fix these issues, or how I can get in touch with a human who can help me?  I'm very frustrated at this point. 

Thanks for any and all help. 

Arlo Pro 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to have a subscription to access support directly. You could purchase a single camera sub to allow this and then cancel when done.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have to have a subscription to access support directly. You could purchase a single camera sub to allow this and then cancel when done.

Orangecrush00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I'm so frustrated because these are 6 months old and shouldn't be malfunctioning so quickly. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you reinsert the connectors on each end of the cable fully. Perhaps water has infiltrated through one or both ends.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Orangecrush00 wrote:

I have three Arlo Pro cameras, and each one has a solar panel I purchased from the Arlo website. Two were purchased May 22, 2022 and the other on October 15, 2022.  The two purchased in May seem to have stopped working as I get the "connect a compatible charger" error with them. 

The panels should still be under warranty, so you are entitled to a warranty exchange for them.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) to call attention to your post - they can help if you haven't been able reach support yet.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Did you ever get a resolution to this?  I have an original Arlo Pro camera attached to an Arlo Solar Panel, both purchased in 2018.  Around a month ago (11/2022), the camera started giving the error message that my Arlo Solar Panel is not a compatible Arlo charger.  I ran all the troubleshooting steps on the website and the battery will not charge when connected to the panel.  The battery will charge when connected to a plug-in USB power supply with a different cable and it will hold a charge.

It's out of warranty and I don't have a subscription, so it sounds like I'm out of luck for official support.  I suspect that it's the cable itself, but there's no way to get just that part and I'm not going to spend $100 on a new obsolete panel just for the cable.