Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
KennyP14
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry if this question was already asked..the search searches all posts and I did not find this answer.  Are the new Arlo Pro cameras the same size as the previous model, and if so do the previous model silicone skins work with the pro?  Thanks!

20 REPLIES 20
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would assume that the old skin will not fit the Pro. The dimensions are different and the cutouts are in different areas.

It would have been nice to have the new skins available before the release of the new cameras.

Good luck finding them. I can't find where they are available anywhere or even exist.

Pre-order but not available until middle of November?

Very disappointing.

I would wait until an aftermarket manufacturer has them for half the price.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

top of page...PRO camera, look to end of info ... the skins are available at two places and look in stock

pro skin.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I saw those before but neither shows they are in stock.

Insight is a ripoff and $10 over retail price.

Frye's isn't in stock.

Newegg was on this list a week ago for pre order and was deleted.

My guess is they are not available anywhere until at LEAST November 14th.

draku007
Star
Star

Bestbuy also has them but they are not in stock. 

I really like the idea of a skin for my outdoor cameras and I wish I could get them on day one when the product launches.

I hope they will be avaialble soon.

Kika_CA
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Arlo Pro skins have a different design with a protruding hood or shroud around the lens.

The Pro camera itself is approx 1/2" larger in all directions than the orig Arlo.

TechyFred
Guide
Guide
Can someone from Netgear let us know when we can expect for stores to stock the skins?
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've had them on preorder from Fry's for 3 weeks now and estimated delivery is the 23rd.

I'm not holding my breath but I'll let you know if I recieve them.

Honestly, I think they must have manufactured about 10 of these or the shipment got lost somewhere between Vietnam and the US.

Why they are only available from one retailer is ridiculous.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

And by the way..................

Insight has them at $39.  $14 over the list price that is on this sight.

or apparently you can lease them for $2 a month.  Seriously?

That website must be some kind of joke.

........and they are no longer available according to the Best Buy link.

Fry's is the only game in town apparently but even they don't have them in stock.

Leads me to believe that the skins do not really exist anywhere in this country.

Wait another month and I will bet you'll see aftermarket skin 3 pack for $13.99 by Wasserstein.

TechyFred
Guide
Guide

Newegg has them in their webstore but it's also listed out of stock. Initially it was supposed to be instock by 11/15.

MichaelRogers
Apprentice
Apprentice

I used an old Arlo skin on a new Arlo Pro camera.  It is a snug fit, but they do work.  The skin does seem to overlap some of the microphone or speeker holes.  I can confirm that the skin over the holes don't seem to negatively impact the recording of sound, but I haven't use the camera yet for two way conversations.  Perhaps it might muffle the sound if you're trying to talk to someone through the camera.

As an aside, it uses the same magnetic ball mounting system (with the same size), so I didn't have to remount anything.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I am also using one of my extra skins on the Arlo Pro but ended up cutting it and wrapping with silicone tape for a temporary skin until the new ones are available.

I may have missed it somewhere, but I don't see where anyone on here actually has one so I'm not sure that they were ever available.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

B&H Photo also looks lie they will be selling the skins.

When?

Who knows.

I emailed Wasserstein, maker of aftermarket skins to see if they plan on selling them soon.

I will let you know when they respond.

TechyFred
Guide
Guide

Sounds great and thanks for confirming that the old skins can work with slight modification. I was concerned that they would block the front IR motion detector. 

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I am still waiting for the skins I ordered from Fry's 3 weeks ago. I am supposed to get them by the 23rd but I see that they are now backordered until December 1st.

It was originally the middle of November, then the end of November now the beginning of December.

Next it will be end of December and then Next year.

Either the demand for these is the biggest thing since the iphone or the marketing/sales team really dropped the ball on the timing of these to be available when the cameras were released.

Good luck to everyone trying to get their hands on these.

I would still love to hear from anyone who has one.

draku007
Star
Star

I'm with you on that. 2 of my cameras are sitting outside and I was hoping to get the skins the same time I was getting the cameras but that didn't happen. I kept eye on the sites with pre-order and I see the date are being pushed back.

When I called and asked the customer service team they told me that they have been manufactured and are simply sold out. I just simply don't beleive them.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sold Out.

That is a funny one. I don't believe it either because there is no way that many people were pre ordering them before they got their cameras.

Also, if anyone actually had one, it would be someone on this site, and I don't see where anyone has even commented on having one.

Wasserstein makes aftermarket ones for the original Arlo for about half the price. My guess is that they will take advantage of this opportunity and have them available before the OEM ones are out.

Kika_CA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks to the skin delay, I might just skip the Arlo Pro idea and get the Arlo Go with the internal card slot.

TechyFred
Guide
Guide
Hey Guys, NewEgg has them in stock now, I just ordered a pack. Limit is 2 so they must be in low quantity.. get then while you can!
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good to know.

Mine just shipped from Fry's so they apparently do exist and I should be receiving them shortly.

Unfortunately a week late since it's 20 degrees and extremely windy so installing them 13 feet up will have to wait.

Really should have had them available BEFORE Winter arrived so that this wouldn't be an issue for so many owners.

Good Luck with yours.

draku007
Star
Star

My skins arrived yesterday from newegg.