Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 22 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried all suggestions as per restart reboot iPhone etc etc has no effect 

still no ( turn siren on) in Arlo pro mode 

22 REPLIES 22
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What are you trying to do? Manually turn on the siren? Make a rule that the siren turns on when motion is detected on a particular camera? Something else?

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am wondering why and what has happened to the ( turn siren on ) function in Arlo pro mode. There once was a function in mode setting that said ( turn siren on) it is now gone it was used to arm the siren when you wanted the siren to trigger by motion or audio picked up by the Camera

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m the mode setting I once had a box that contained settings ( turn siren on ) and ( do nothing)
Now the only option in this box is do nothing
Turn Siren On selection has disappeared

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In tha ios and android apps, the manual siren turn on is a pull down tab in center top of live view screen

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know that one not what I am looking for. It thanks
This function was in the mode

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi rodzulu,

If you want to add the alarm for a device when it is triggered, you can select Mode > Desired Base Station > Edit Mode > Rules (edit) > Add Device > Alarms (Select Base Station) > Turn Alarm On or Do Nothing > save.

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Due to the lack of a solution to this issue from Netgear our security consultanting firm will no longer recommend Arlo products to our numerous client base

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We've given you the solution. Perhaps you could restate the problem differently - maybe we don't understand what you're trying to accomplish.

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your solution does not correct the problem and your inability to understand the problem ie why we have removed your product from our recommended list
This Ialso confirmed your levels of contempt for your customers

rodzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant

If a tech from the United States would get involved this problem might be addressed properly

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not wanting to add insult to injury, but did you try deleting the device (base station) from the mode, saving the mode that way, then editing the mode and adding the device back in? When you add the base station back in the mode should come up with the choice to do nothing or activate the siren.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you actually addressed a tech, you might get your answer. This is a user forum and I, along with almost everyone else here, am simply users of the system. Open a case with support here.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@rodzulu wrote:
Your solution does not correct the problem and your inability to understand the problem ie why we have removed your product from our recommended list
This Ialso confirmed your levels of contempt for your customers

LOL. There aren't any Netgear employees here (except maybe one or two here and there). This is a user based peer-to-peer forum. We are all users of Arlo products trying to help others users. If you're mad at Arlo because you can't activate the siren in a mode on a motion or sound event I suggest you call them and not take it out on regular users.

The problem your having is on your iPhone, when you edit a mode, then edit a rule, then choose add device and you choose your base station, the option to "Turn on the Siren" is missing. The only option you have is "Do Nothing".

In the android app the Turn on Siren option is there so......

Either the iPhone app has a bug, or there is something wrong with your system, phone, app, or Mode. First thing I'd try is deleteing the Mode and then putting it back. If it's not a custom mode, create one and see if the turn on siren option is available.

sio
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use iphone app. Procedure in manual is not clear. To use siren you must include base station as another device in follow up action. You can find the base station along with the camera icons. Select it, next and turn it on (there is no siren turn on) and go to next and you can select duration and loudness.

klparnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this same problem. No siren control in Mode section.  I can walk right in front of my cameras and the siren will not respond because there is no mode function showing to check off.  Two techs just said it is my computer and tried to sell me a cisco certified tech for $99.99 to fix it. What a scam. I have had this system less than a week with five cameras.  This firmware problem needs to be fixed. By the way, they would not email me the firmware fix without having the tech look at it first.  Arlo, you need to fix this and get a crew of Americans who aren't scamming us.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming you have a Pro base (VMB4000), did you check the Add Device selection in your rules?

klparnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wow! There it is. Thank you jguerdat Guru..  So, here are the instructions for the rest of you Arlo pro folks..

1. Select Mode.

2. Select > next to Armed.

3. For each device under "rules" select edit.

4. Click on "Add Device".

5.Check the circle next to Hub Device that has the built in alarm.

6. Select "next" and set alarm functions.

We can only assume that you do this for each camera.  Where were the instructions when I purchased this system. I spent two days trying to figure this out and the tech support guys in India were just trying to sell me tech services for $99.99. They told me my computer was the problem and needed to be fixed.  They said the same thing about my other computers as well. Arlo- I suggest you include better instructions and better tech service.

jguerdat Guru- Thank you very much for helping me. I almost sent $700 worth of equipment back to Arlo.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@klparnell wrote:

I spent two days trying to figure this out and the tech support guys in India were just trying to sell me tech services for $99.99. They told me my computer was the problem and needed to be fixed.  They said the same thing about my other computers as well.

Sounds like you Googled for support since Arlo support is free and typically doesn't have you do much of anything with your computer. Real Arlo support is here:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

klparnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I googled it and called 1-888-352-3810 247arlosupport.com. Their page looks like an official arlo support page. Folks beware.

klparnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I humbly apologize to the legit arlo team. You guys misrepresenting arlo should be ashamed.

zawaprz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I wouldn't laugh so much ..I have Arlo Pro 2. on my Arlo Pro that is still there..
the siren is available without triggering it just I can manually activate .
right now on Arlo Pro 2 it is downgraded: the bottom is there but it's grayed out so I wouldn't laugh. Its stupid
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @zawaprz

Can you provide a little more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?