Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Set - Constant Issues. Tried deleting devices and re-adding back on. Going offline often.

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
fabiwilys84
Follower
Follower

I know the Arlo Pro is pretty much not discussed anymore as most people are on the Pro 2 or newer, but I bought a set for home in 2019 (4 cameras and a base) and a set for our office. This was after trying out the Ring Doorbell cam which as many users have warned, is slow, with grainy video, and will blow out your doorbell wiring, as it did.

I noticed with Arlos that the video quality was way better right away, but syncing was a challenge. It took 5, 6, 7 tries for our phones on the same wifi to identify and add the devices, and once it was done, we had constant issues with overreporting of motion, things outside of the set zones, and then no notifications at all.

We have tried many system resets, perused arlo forums for help, even swapped the two systems (from office to home) to see if it made any difference, especially because office has fibre internet. Still the same problems.

I tried deleting all devices off the account and reinstalling, and now no matter if I’m standing right next to the base at work, it won’t pick it up, so the work set has been completely offline. And at home, the notifications are again coming from outside the zones (catching every car that goes by instead of what’s just in front of the door), and the in-house camera is not recording or notifying at all despite the settings being correct. Now when I send the invite to my partner for him to log in, he can get into his account but no devices are there, and he cannot add them because it’ll just say “searching” forever and come up with nothing. His permissions are enabled so that’s not the issue.

We actually had paid for the subscription as well to get cloud recording for the purpose of monitoring vehicles (lots of theft in our area) along with one continuous video recording plan last year and the thing never worked properly. 100% waste of money. And no one has a free afternoon to devote to troubleshooting these damn things.

It sucks because the set of 4 cameras and base from Best Buy Canada ran us around $900, and both sets have been vastly inferior in terms of reliability. Video quality - fine. Syncing, notifying, recording? Awful.

And they like to say the batteries last for 6 months - yeah no they don’t. Especially not when they’re notifying about everything you specified them not to.

2/10 would not buy again, sincerely regret the purchase.

0 REPLIES 0