Arlo Pro Security System and Alexa Echo Plus

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dsfenton
Guide
Guide

I have an Alexa Echo Plus which has it's own hub built in. I use it to control my Phillip Hue lights. I do not need the Phillips hub with the Echo Plus as the lights function directly from the Echo Plus without the necessity of a Phillips hub. I would like to have my cameras trigger my lights with motion but the IFTTT Arlo trigger requires going through Phillips to use this applet Which if I buy is just a redundant piece of equipment when using the Echo Plus. My suggestion is to do something that allows the Arlo system to use the Echo Plus and not be reliant upon the Phillips hub alone.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Pop it in the Ideas Exchange section for the engineers to have a look at implementing the idea. The more kudos people add to the idea, the more likely it is that they'll look at doing it. I have 3x Echo Dots but no Echo Plus. Even if I wanted an echo plus, I'd still use the Hue Bridge. Even though Hue bulbs can connect directly to Smartthings, there are many advantages to using the Hue Bridge over using direct connection to 3rd party hubs; Arlo integration with Alexa being one of them

dsfenton
Guide
Guide