Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
alexakah
Tutor
Tutor

I installed the system few months ago, at first it seemed to work great. After few charge cycles the batteries will not hold charge more than couple days. Now i have one camera plugged in and and still will not connect and keeps saying camera is offline. Once in a while i get a warning motion is detected, but it will not show what it recorded. So in summary the system is useless and i wasted lots of $$ on this thing. Not sure if all this started after fw update to cameras since it was working before.. Wondering if any one else has same issues...?

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your system isn't functioning... there are some simple steps to try first.

Like a simple reboot of the base unit with the power button

If there is no change , a more intensive option may be required..

Remove the camera and then bring back as if new... this will rebuild any modes in the base and reset the camera.

Last option may be a full factory reset of the base and bringing all cams back as new... a pain in the butt, but it does solve the odd issues that can pop up.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
alexakah
Tutor
Tutor

I have rebooted several times to no avail. Resync did not work. I can do a factory reset but not sure how. Is there a reset switch on the base?. My first install went really easy but it refuses to sync with all 3 cameras i have.... I really liked the system when it worked. Except the batteries will not hold charge anymore..

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A reset can be done by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices. Claim your base using the Add Device button in the Devices tab. Sync your cameras.

joni1495k
Aspirant
Aspirant

I seem to have an issue.  I went on vacation on 9/23/18 and turned off 3 of my cameras.  When I came back, 9/30/18 I turned them on. One went on nicely even though it only has 14% battery.  The other two had at least 80% when I left, but I keep getting a message "camera is offline" and I have attempted to connect by pushing the button, all I get is a slow blinking blue light.  Nothing else.  They were working perfectly well before I left, now they seem to be expensive paper weights.  I have tried to get the support chat - nothing there just a blank page. The cameras are a year old in December so it is not an "old age thing".  Any one have a suggestion?  I have replaced the batteries, reset the base station, etc.  Nothing.  What a poor quality device.  I will write my suggestions on Amazon where I bought the camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

joni1495k,

Have you tried to remove the cameras from your base station and attempt to re sync? What are the 3 LED lights displaying on your base station?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You haven't tried everything. When attempting to resync the cameras, you also have to briefly press the sync button on the base before pressing the camera sync button. If that fails, remove them from Settings, My Devices and resync them. It may also be due to old firmware if they were off during a recent update.

joni1495k
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have tried. I reset the base station 3 lights green.  I now have one camera of the two that don't work working, but still have one not working.  Will remove it and bring it back to see if that makes it work. Thank you.

joni1495k
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, I did make the re sync button on the base blink as well as the cameras. One finally came back on line.  The second still says off line.  I will try removing it and then reentering it.