Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Saves My Truck from being stolen, (but I lose a camera)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
HJanisse
Follower
Follower
Just Wanna Say Thanks ARLO!!! Although I lost a Camera you saved my truck!!! His Name Is Christopher Marshall here he is attempting to steal my 2003 Ford F250. He steals Ford F250 and 350 trucks he’s from the city of Lake Elsinore and is a well-known car thief. From what I understand he was just released from jail or prison for the same exact crime he also LED Murrieta Police Department on a high-speed chase in 2015 in a stolen F350. And was subsequently arrested for it let’s put him on blast and make this **bleep**bag famous keep an eye on your F-series trucks guys if you see him call the Elsinore Police Department” Article link below and video attached https://tiremeetsroad.com/2019/04/03/lake-elsinore-serial-ford-truck-thief-spots-hidden-camera-but-b...
3 REPLIES 3
bowserb46
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does Netgear/Arlo have a policy like Ring (r) that says if your device is stolen, you get a free replacement, subject to your providing the police report to prove its theft?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @HJanisse 

Thanks for posting, this is great news!  

@bowserb46

I have provided an article that will go in to detail regarding the theft program - Arlo Theft Program

bowserb46
Apprentice
Apprentice

So Arlo has a theft replacement program, but it is only for the first 12 months after purchase, unlike the Ring  theft replacement which specifies no time limit other than six months after the devices is reported to the police (clearly based on big city police departments, as they're giving you six months to get a copy of the police report.)  https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003475783-What-to-do-if-Your-Ring-Device-is-Stolen

Score:  Ring 1, Arlo 0