Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
Sulaiman
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I just got the new Arlo Pro systme and still finding my way around the Rules and Modes. I've noticed when setting Rules and customizing Modes on my iOS device, the newly-set rules dont' match those when I login on the online webpage, and vice versa.

For exmaple, whenever I choose to "Record Video" when motion is detected on a specific camera using my iOS App, that "Record Video" option is not selected when I login to cross-check the Rules on the online webpage. The same things goes when doing it the other way round (i.e. setting up rules online and cross-checking on iOS App). The camera ends up not recorning, I just get motion detection notification. 

It seems like there is a missing link between the iOS App and the online webpage and I have to only stick to one platform to have all rules set, keeping in mind the the "Siren On" option is only available on the webpage for some reason!

I'm currently running the latest updates on my iOS device for both the App and the OS itself, as well as the latest firmware updates for the cameras (v. 1.090.0.0_9945) and Base station (v. 1.8.2.4_10232).

Any feedback would be appreciated and it would be good to know if anybody elses is facing similar issues.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app has been release for iOS (2.3.2). Please visit the app store and download the update. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Just making sure when you make changes, that you click the SAVE button.

Otherwise, I can only speculate it's another issue with the iOS app

Dsuarezde
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am facing the same problem. For some reason, the "edit mode" menu on the mobile app varies a lot. Sometimes I can see all the menu to set up notifications and to turn the siren on but most of the time these are not available and the options are very limited. I have not figured out the reason why sometimes I have full access to edit modes in my cellphone app and why most of the time I do not. By the way I do not add any source of variance when logging in.
Toolking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I see the same issues with the web version showing all choices for selecting recording time, notifications etc. etc. and iOS app not showing these choices/settings. I noticed I had all of these choices at one time on my apps but on checking them a few days later they were no longer shown. I deleted the app and reinstalled and viola all of the setting options are back. I also had double devises, double camera feeds and double rules show up on accessing the iOS app. Delete and reinstall fixed this issue. All cameras and base station have the latest firmware updates and all iOS devises are on the latest version. 

I've had the system up and running for a few days now but with the amount of issues I have seen so far I can't trust that it will work properly. 

bigredx86
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have noticed this exactly like others have described above.  Anyone hear anything from support or open a case about it yet?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing this issue, consider uninstalling the mobile app and download a fresh version from the app store.

Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

bigredx86
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Just out of curiousity, I decide to try and test creating a new and edit a mode, both now let me edit the modes without issue and look very similar.  Before, I couldn't select if I wanted push notifications or email, or set it to "record."  To do these things I had to create the mode online and set it up and now it looks to be fine on the iOS App and I did not re-install the app.

Any thoughts on why this is?  I am remote, not at home, not sure if that makes a difference.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Maybe a change in the back end? Haven't heard anything but such activity may not be announced.
Toolking
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thought I would give an update on the issues I was seeing. It's been a few days since I deleted all my mobile apps and reinstalled them and everything seems to be working as it should. I have been checking on the rules 2 -3 times a day from my iPad and iPhone and no issues so far. All the editing options are where they should be. Encouraging......

bigredx86
Aspirant
Aspirant

So an update as well as I've been testing periodically.

I ran into the same problem again with not being able to edit modes correctly on the iOS App.  I did do what was suggested above, a delete and a re-install of the Arlo app which seemed to resolve it.  Do we know why that would be?  I'll be monitoring to see if it comes back but it seems the proglem creeps up more often at night or late evening.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mode ->Edit Rule-> Record Video , check box uncheck and no pencil, can't change the 10s-120s setting are bricked even u reinstall the app or go to web browser on pc problem goes away it randomly came back to same problem this iOS app 2.3.1 has a bug on iOS app is totally Bricked has failed to update the App Store should take 1 to 2 days to update
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app has been release for iOS (2.3.2). Please visit the app store and download the update. Are you still seeing the same behavior?

JamesC

Sulaiman
Tutor
Tutor

Just updated to the latest iOS App version (2.3.2) and almost all of the trucated modes/rules that other users and myself were facing are now available. However, I'm unable to chnage the 10s recording time for the videos as the "record for a fixed length of time" option is only available on the webpage and not on the iOS App.

Apart from that, changes made on my iOS device takes place when I cross-check them with the webpage platform (and vice versa) which was my main issue.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's almost perfect the slider 10-120 are grad out I had go webpage recheck it again hopefully doesn't revert back to same issue since app just got updated
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have an iOS device to try this on but possibly clearing the app cache or removing/reinstalling the app may help.