Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Requires Removal Of Battery Daily To Detect Motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Phelps
Star
Star

My one month old Arlo I got as a gift has stopped detecting motion consistently unless I remove the battery & put it back in daily.. I can see live fine and it use to work fine without this happening but not anymore. It’s ridiculous. What would cause needing to take the battery out and put it back in daily???

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart the base. You may also want to try removing the camera from Settings, My De ices and resyncing. It's also possible that a weak signal between the base and camera is the issue as well as possible interference from other 2.4GHz devices such as cordless phones.

Phelps
Star
Star

I restarted the base and still the same thing. We don’t have anything wireless in the house aside from tvs. It worked fine the first month so I’m confused why suddenly it wouldn’t.

Does resyncing mess anything up? I would think live view wouldn’t work if it wasn’t synced, is that wrong?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only things that resyncing messes up are the specific camera settings and custom modes (you'd need to re-add them to your modes). The default Armed mode automatically gets any new camera but settings would have reset for it.