Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
thechairman
Aspirant
Aspirant

On December 28, our Arlo Pro camera began recording 5min5sec of video every time it detected motion or audio.  We have checked the setting multiple times and it has never changed from 60sec.  Yesterday, we shifted it to 55sec to see if it would make a difference and although the settings still show properly to be set at 55sec, it is still recording 5min5sec almost every time.  Occasionally, it will record for varying amounts of time (4:37,1:00, 2:06), but typically for the full 5:05.  I believe the battery is draining too quickly for this reason.

Also, when charging, we turn the camera to Off.  The settings confirm that the camera is Off.  However, the camera still detects motion and records the entire time it is charging.

Any ideas as to how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

pull the batttery

go to the cameras settings and use REMOVE DEVICE

install battery

re-sync the camera as if new

( this will reset the camera AND set all the MODE settings to default for that camera )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

pull the batttery

go to the cameras settings and use REMOVE DEVICE

install battery

re-sync the camera as if new

( this will reset the camera AND set all the MODE settings to default for that camera )

Morse is faster than texting!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

thechairman,

Are you still seeing the same behavior after trying the suggestions above? Please let us know.

JamesC

thechairman
Aspirant
Aspirant

We were just now able to try the fix and have to wait on the device to recharge.  We will respond and let you know if the fix worked once it finishes charging.

CmraLvr2
Star
Star

One of my four is doing the exact same thing even though it is set for 15 sec.  I'll try this suggestion tonight when I get home.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CmraLvr2,

Did the suggestion above resolve the issue? Please let us know.

JamesC

thechairman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for the delay again, but the fix DID work!  Thank you so much for the recommendation.  Hope it helps others on the thread with similar issues.

CmraLvr2
Star
Star

I've been swamped at work so I was only able to implement this late yesterday, but so far so good for me.  Seems to have corrected it for me.

JamesC wrote:

CmraLvr2,

Did the suggestion above resolve the issue? Please let us know.

JamesC