Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Rechargeable Batteries - Promised Replacement That Never Showed Ip

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
jbow2018
Follower
Follower

To say I am angry would be an understatement.   I have 6 Arlo Pro cameras and already 3 of the rechargeable batteries are junk after only 3 charges.  I know there is a battery problem. Arlo knows there is a battery problem.

I sat on hold for over 2 hours Friday to get replacements.  Finally after speaking to a supervisor, I was promised I would receive 3 replacement batteries.  However, I was told the RMA system was being switched to a new system so he could not take my address for the replacements.  He promised he would call me back within 48 hours to finalize the transaction.

After receiving no call and refusing to sit on hold for 2 more hours,, I decided to use the chat feature today.  After an hour of getting the run-around from "someone in a different country" they said, I am being told my case has to go to higher management because they cannot process the replacement batteries.  When I ask how much longer I have to wait, I am told they do not know because the RMA system is down,  When I told them I already spoke to higher management they said that was in another country.  ??????   what  ?????   They're all in another country.  No one cares. They wanted to diagnose my entire system again even after I told them we'd already been through that, and it appears my case # means nothing because there are no notes or the person refuses to read them.

I AM FED UP WITH ARLO and their sub-par service.  I paid entirely too much money to be having this problem and this is just adding insult to injury when they keep wasting my time and promising me batteries and then not delivering.  As we speak, I am on chat with them and they are trying to get me to accept the fact that they'll contact me again some day when they can process the returns.  However, I am not falling for that lie again.  I have waited on hold for too long to give up my place in line and be shoved under the rug.

Get it together Arlo or else your feedback and product will be destroyed by the very users who used to speak well of you.

This is a security system.  It's useless if it doesn't work.  I've already put up with delayed internet problems and trouble with the 2-way communication feature that I paid extra for with the Pro.  I am constantly dealing with offline issues.  Without a battery, these are absolutely useless.  I am not happy

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jbow2018,

I apologize for the poor experience. Do you have a support case number I can reference and escalate? If so, please send me a private message with your email address you use to log in to your Arlo account along with the case number and I will review and escalate your case as necessary.

JamesC

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just FYI --- if your problem with the batteries is that they seem to drain very fast........ the issue isn't with the batteries, it with the firmware. Arlo is working on a fix.

jbow2018a
Aspirant
Aspirant

James,

I messaged you the case number along with the registered email, and I still have not heard an update.

It has been over a month since I was promised these 3 replacement batteries and I still have not seen them. 

In the meantime, the batteries are junk and will not hold a charge so I cannot secure my property when I leave. 

I need my batteries NOW!!!  I have been patient enough.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jbow2018a,

I've reviewed your case and will reach out to you in a private message with further details.

JamesC

valdesmd24
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased 4 camera system about 6 months ago, the square batteries WON'T HOLD CHARGE, they want $50 per battery to replace, This means I have to spend an additional $200 for batteries now, this is CRAZY!

There is no telephone number for support, the website is all about selling product without support and very hard to navigate! What a great security system hanging inside and outside of my home and is NOT WORKING! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

We can try to help if you tell us exactly what your issues are, what you see and have tried, etc.

Open a case by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

valdesmd24
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried EVERYTHING! Now I have to buy 4 new batteries for $200, this is CRAZY! I am sorry the customer service is terrible, no telephone support! If this is not resolved I will TRASH the system and get something else!

Great SECURITY without the cameras working !

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's likely no reason to have to buy new batteries. You may have totally discharged them and need to read the FAQ here to get them charging again.

As for telephone support, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Contacting support is simple....... scroll down to the bottom of this page and click Support. On the next page scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Support. Choose your country and the support number shows.

If your problem with the batteries is that they are draining extremely fast....... then there is nothing wrong with your batteries. Batteries draining faster than normal is a firmware issue and Arlo is working on the fix now.