Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary

Half of my Arlo Pro/Pro2 camera batteries barely made it through one year, and guess what, they all died right after the warranty ran out.  How convienent!

And what is really infuriating, several of my cameras are plugged-in, but the dead battery causes the camera to shutdown anyway.  And just imagine if the power goes out...  Cameras stop working completely...  What a joke!

Does anyone know where I can get offbrand batteries?

The $50 that Arlo wants for their garbage battery is completely insane.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Try this

https://kb.arlo.com/000052305/My-Arlo-Pro-or-Arlo-Pro-2-battery-is-dead-what-do-I-do

Also, if the power fails, unless you have a UPS for your base and internet connection you wont get any recordings anyway.

MotoRider42HC
Luminary
Luminary
Sorry, but your lazy copy-paste answer is not helpful, in any way. I am not your average idiot "oops i forgot to plug it in". Multiple batteries are DEAD and will not charge under any circumstance. I've contacted support multiple times, and they refuse to replace the dead batteries because they are past the 1-year warranty.

I have a UPS on every single modem, router and PC in my house. When the power goes out, i can keep my cameras running and connected to the cloud for 4 full hours. Except for the cameras that have DEAD BATTERIES.

As i asked in the original post, i am looking for OFFBRAND REPLACEMENT BATTERIES because the Arlo batteries are garbage and $50 is a total ripoff. So, don't post in this thread, unless you are going to post a link to quality replacement batteries.

Don't patronize me with your worthless "you forgot to plug it in" answers.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

There are many knowledgable folks on this forum who are keen to help.

With your holier than thou attitude, good luck getting the answers that you require.