Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
travelingcain
Aspirant
Aspirant

All 4 cameras, multiple wires, multiple chargers, multiple outlets.  Have used for 2 years with zero issues.  Then all of a sudden, all 4 cameras are failing to charge.

2.1A, 5.2A.  I do not have a 9A charger, but that would likely be the same result.  

Tried all the tricks I read here (no batter, reset, sync with no battery, etc., all receive the same error).

This is ridiculous, Netgear.  If you're reading this.  These devices are WAY TO EXPENSIVE to allow this problem to arise undetected in any testing.

Any official guidance from Netgear on how to fix these paperweights?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Official support is gained by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. This is a user forum.

Not sure why you're trying different amperage chargers. WHat's needed is a Qualcomm QuickCharge compatible charger that supplies both 5v (at ~2A) and 9v (at ~1.3A) voltages such as supplied with many recent phones.

travelingcain
Aspirant
Aspirant

Different chargers have different amperages, and I was simply trying everything I've tried in the past, successfully.  I was simply stating that I tried the 5v 2.1A and 5v 5.2 A chargers.  I have not use the Qualcomm charger you are referring to, ever.

Are you stating that a 9V charger is required?  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes...

the pro and Pro2 requires a dual voltage usb charger... 5&9v.

you can’t charge a 7.2v battery with a regular 5v USB adapter 

where is the original supplied charger?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wrong. I'm charging two cameras with 2 6 volt 4.5Ah batteries in parallel connected to a 6v charge controller and 2 7.2v solar panels in series. I'm also charging 1 camera (connected by USB port) to my Enphase Envoy (communication gateway) from my solar panel setup. The remaining 2 cameras I ran through the attic, into my garage, and into a surge protector that has 4 5v 2a USB ports. I've had the fault error with 2 cameras and one was my fault when I spliced the charging cable; a strand of copper touched the opposite wire. That was an easy fix. The other one was water getting in the port, so I greased up the USB port and plugged it back in. Also an easy fix. If all yours are having problems now at the same time, I don't know what the issue is....
Manolo86
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wrong. I have two cameras connected to two 6v 4.5Ah batteries in parallel, a 6v charge controller, and two 7.2v solar panels in series. I have one camera connected to the USB port of my Enphase Envoy for my PV system. The remaining two are connected to a surge protector in my garage that has four integrated 5v 2.1a USB ports. I had two cameras give me the charge fault error. One was my fault due to a splicing error I made, and the other was water getting in the camera USB port. I fixed the splice and greased the port of the other camera. I've had no issues since.
RCSTL
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same Pro/Pro 2 charging faults and have not been able to resolve them. I decided to go with a third party Arlo battery charging station and two extra batteries. When a camera battery runs down, I simply swap batteries. This does not solve the original problem but it keeps my 8 cameras running correctly.