Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
KravE
Star
Star

I am getting so frustrated! For 3 weeks now or maybe more my camera has been useless. The picture quaility is less than that of 480i. Netgear told me they "exhausted" their troubleshooting routes and issued me an RMA. I paid out of pocket to have a camera sent to me which took over a week. New camera changed nothing. I have moved the base station to a different part of the house, tested the PSU to make sure voltage is proper, changed ehternet cables and ports on my router. I have changed 2.4ghz wifi channels. It worked perfectly before the garbage firmware update at the end of May. Now been on the phone with support for over 40 mins and still 14th in the queue. I want my $ back!!!!!!!

Check out the image. That's me at 6 feet from the camera. I wouldnt even recognize myself if I didnt know it was me.

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Seems like the only thing wrong with the picture is the amount of compression... don't think any changes you made will change the result...

but, is it on best video ? ( the camera will lower rez if signal isn't good, is the base unit in the home, distance? )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KravE
Star
Star

Yes i did change all the settings. I agreee that it seems to be a compression issue on their end.

@TomMac wrote:

Seems like the only thing wrong with the picture is the amount of compression... don't think any changes you made will change the result...

but, is it on best video ? ( the camera will lower rez if signal isn't good, is the base unit in the home, distance? )

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

@KravE - sent you a PM.

A few things to try...

How far is the Arlo base station from the router it is wired to? Are there other routers or extenders near the base station?

1) Could you try distancing the Arlo base station from them,  as far apart as the length of the ethernet cable provided?

2) Thinking there might be WiFI interference between the camera and the base station...How far is the camera from the base station when the compression occurs? Does this happen when the camera is within 5' of the base station? 

KravE
Star
Star

@snip3rboy wrote:

@KravE - sent you a PM.

A few things to try...

How far is the Arlo base station from the router it is wired to? Are there other routers or extenders near the base station?

1) Could you try distancing the Arlo base station from them,  as far apart as the length of the ethernet cable provided?

2) Thinking there might be WiFI interference between the camera and the base station...How far is the camera from the base station when the compression occurs? Does this happen when the camera is within 5' of the base station? 

Yeah I have tried all of those things. I tried changing wifi channels as well. It worked perfectly from January until May when they did their latest firmware on the base station and cameras. I moved the base to a different floor, changed ehternet cables, hard reset, deleted and reinstalled. Tried everything and was on the phone for a very frustrating 1.5 hrs today and got nowhere other than they will call me back after talking to a tech.

The camera is pixelated when it is outside roughly 50' from the base and when it is 3 feet from the base station. It seems to have some weird refresh going on every couple seconds. It gets somewhat clear then gets pixelated again over and over again.

snip3rboy
Arlo Employee Retired

@KravE - could you check your PMs? 

RChobby
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
My Arlo Pro 2 cameras render the same low image quality you have. Very disappointed.