Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ildiavolorosso
Star
Star

I have had an Arlo Pro 2-camera kit installed for about 3 weeks now. One of the cameras has starting having its picture quality degrade, on photo and on video. Examples below:

Arlo-1.jpg

I have tried changing video settings, and several other items mentioned in your knowledge base (which, by the way, runs on my company's software...thank you for being a customer) but nothing works.

I have tried removing the camera through the Arlo app, but the camera will now not go into sync mode. Could something be wrong with the hardware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Normally when you replace the battery, the blue light will flash slowly and then flash fast as it reconnects; pretty much exactly the same as when you press the sync button except you don't need to have pressed the sync button on the base station. Since that's not working, I'd open the app and remove the camera from your devices. Then hit sync on the base. Then hit sync on the camera. See if it reconnects

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If pulling the battery to reset the camera doesn't work... I would tend to think its a hardware issue with the camera.

Either return for another if able or contact Netgear support ( bottom of page )

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yep. Try removing the battery to reset the camera. It appears the light metering is not functioning correctly. If the battery pull doesn't fix it, you could also try getting it replaced via your retailer

ildiavolorosso
Star
Star

Thanks guys. I did remove the battery, but just get a flashing blue when it comes back on (indicating it's trying to sync with the base station). The Sync button seems to have no effect

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Normally when you replace the battery, the blue light will flash slowly and then flash fast as it reconnects; pretty much exactly the same as when you press the sync button except you don't need to have pressed the sync button on the base station. Since that's not working, I'd open the app and remove the camera from your devices. Then hit sync on the base. Then hit sync on the camera. See if it reconnects

ildiavolorosso
Star
Star

Ah, you reminded me of something critical: the base station has a sync button too. THANK YOU!

I remembered to hit that button first and managed to get it synchronized again.

THANKS FOLKS!