Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Not working - Support ended wihthout notice. Bye Bye Arlo. Bought Nest today

Discussion stats
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
Ralen
Follower
Follower

Ok, 3-4 year old system, Arlo cannot continue to support forever.   Most of us customers would have no problem with that.  However, the folks at Arlo decided to send a message to legacy users on 3/21/23 that they would not be supported.  The message was in the form of a massive outage.

I just bought a nest set at Costco.   I used Arlo for 4 years and am very satisfied with it, but, the totall cowardly and WEASLY way Arlo did it has lost me and everyone I know as a customer.

Why they did not warn about the sunsetting and the end of support on the app that I use every day?  Am I supposed to log in to your website to read your notice?  Then you caused my family to have no camera and alarm the whole night and I was working elsewhere night shift.  That is not cool.  Then, the problem was still not fixed next afternoon and when I tried to contact support, got a blunt message from a bot that support has ended and I have to figure it out myself.

There was a better way to sunset it.  Not by abruptly renedering the machines useless.  They can remove these posts, be put on reddit and every single platform out there that Arlo is a bunch of little who act like  and will be treated as in social media. 

Companies are full of dumb punks these days who can't balance a checkbook but are making these changes.

Look, I got a NEst and you lost a 4 year customer with your cheap, petty, way of dealing with this. Now I have a job to do. you all over the internet. 

Anyone who broke their old Arlos with a hammer and bought a nest or blink or lorus or whatever ELSE.  ANYTHING OTHER THAN ARLO

AND REMOVE THIS POST, BUT YOU WILL BE SLAPPED ON OTHER FORUMS .  

COMPLACENT, GREEDY PUNKS

20230322_174342.jpg

0 REPLIES 0