Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dl1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had no issues receiving notifications from arlo on my previous Android phone.  I recently got the Pixel 3, got a few notifications from Arlo at first but after about a week I no longer get any notifications.  Notifications are definitely on, I checked in Arlo on the camerqa, in Arlo settings and in my phone's application settings.  My boyfriend has an old Pixel and has no problemns, gets notifications.  The arlo does record bc i can go into the library and view the recordings but I get no notification which is terribly frustrating because it is half the purpose of having the Arlo to begin with.

Help please!

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked the app permissions in the phone settings? 

dl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't see anything in app permissions that would be relevant. Specifically what would you suggest?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all permissions allowed? Are notifications allowed for the app?  It may be useful to reinstall the app.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Especially phone permission under permission settings for the Arlo app (settings>apps>arlo>permissions)

dl1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the suggestion. Notifications are on and phone and microphone permissions are allowed and have been. The others aren't though, do they matter?
It seems to give me notifications for a day or two after I've opened the app but after that it stops until I open the app again. So if I don't open the app up for a week I'll get no notifications but when I go in I'll see the recordings from motion over the past week. And my boyfriend's phone gets notifications no problem. I guess I'll try reinstalling the app next. Any other thoughts?
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Those are the only permissions I give Arlo and I am having no issues with this. However, sometimes I will get notification delays when I am relying on 4G and I am moving through different environments. If you and your boyfriend are in the same environment and he is getting notifications and you are not, then check your sharing set up (depending on whose account it is). You may want to stop sharing on the account and then set it up again.