Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Goirish1
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cameras pick up the motion and send the alert. When I go to view the video in the library and watch the video there is no motion for the 10 second clip. Any suggestions for someone who is out of town and not near the base station?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That usually implies poor camera positioning and/or fast moving objects. There's a 2-3 second delay between initial motion detection and the start of recording. If the object is fast enough (or at an edge, walks in and then out) you'll get nothing. 

Post a screenshot of the camera view (a link to a recording would do the same thing) for suggestions. Remotely about all you can do is increase the sensitivity setting in hopes of triggering sooner.

Goirish1
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were working fine for the past 5 months. For instance, prior the same cameras would pick up my cars entering the driveway and then recording everyone getting out of them. Now it just catches the car coming in the driveway and the 10 sec clip just shows the vehicle and it appears to be frozen. Same thing when someone enters our front step area. It use to pick them up and then record them standing there for 10 seconds. Now it appears to be frozen.

Goirish1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. They were working fine for the past 4 months. For instance, the cameras would pick up cars entering the driveway, stopping and then recording everyone getting out of vehicle for 10 seconds.

Now it just seems to be taking a picture of the car parked with a door open in the driveway. The 10 sec clip on my Arlo app runs for that 10 seconds but there is no movement or recording of who got out of the car. The same thing happens when someone enters our front step area. It use to pick them up walking toward our home once they entered our driveway and then record them for 10 seconds. Attached is a screenshot of me bringing something into the house. The camera picked me up and sent a notification to my Arlo app. When I opened it up in my library and pressed play it ran the 10 second clip by I did not move. It’s almost like it took a picture instead of recording my entire movement for 10 seconds.