Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro No Live View

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
K22
Aspirant
Aspirant
My previously working camera now will not allow live viewing of video, and it also does not record video on motion. The light does come on when motion is detected, and the base station does recognize the camera as being present. In the app I can turn the camera on and off, and the app is aware of the cameras presence. I have six other cameras that are working normally. I have reset the camera resynced the camera, power cycled the base station many many times, changed the batteries, and spent an hour or two in support chat. The camera still will not allow me to view live video and will not record on motion. When I look in the app at the camera the thumbnail is a still image from weeks ago. I have been using the Arlo system for at least four years, so I’m very familiar with how it works.
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried swapping the camera with one in another location (seeing if the problem moves with the camera, or stays with the location)?

If you have storage installed in the base - Have you looked there for recordings from this camera?

K22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I've moved it to multiple locations, including right next to the base station. I am ready to give up on this camera, but I will keep trying if there are other suggestions. I've spent hours and duplicated the steps I've always used to add a camera. My thinking is that somehow the camera information is cached in the base station, because the same thumbnail from weeks ago shows up each time I add the camera after removing it. I would like to avoid resetting the base station and needing to reconfigure the other six cameras again.

MMBeachbum
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same issue. 2 cameras one works fine the other is doing exactly as mentioned above. I've tried everything. It only shows feed from 24 days ago. Everything else in my app works. The camera is currently sitting right next to the hub. Please help!
K22
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve been working with Arlo cameras for years, and I know I’m not doing anything different than I’ve always done, so I am fully certain this is a hardware/firmware issue. It has nothing to do with the app, the website, or the network. Unfortunately, I haven’t had any time to look into this further because of work. The really frustrating part is that it was working normally, and even now it senses motion, turns on the light, and the system knows it’s there, it just will not show or record video.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Is the problem camera externally powered, if so will it work correctly if running just on battery.

I note your familiar with arlo operation but I have in the past seen similar funny functionality issues as a result of rule settings being corrupted because they are set to non default values. I have since learnt to keep everything as default as possible to get away from these quirky issues.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@K22 wrote:
I’ve been working with Arlo cameras for years, and I know I’m not doing anything different than I’ve always done, so I am fully certain this is a hardware/firmware issue. It has nothing to do with the app, the website, or the network. Unfortunately, I haven’t had any time to look into this further because of work. The really frustrating part is that it was working normally, and even now it senses motion, turns on the light, and the system knows it’s there, it just will not show or record video.

It looks like you've done all the usual stuff (rebooted the camera by removing/replacing the battery, and restarting the base, removing the camera from the account and re-adding it). Livestreaming should of course work however the rules are set up.

I'm wondering if the camera has simply failed (something with the sensor or the image processing hardware, since that is the part that isn't functioning).

MMBeachbum
Initiate
Initiate
It doesn't matter if it's working plugged in or just in the battery.