Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
markmatus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I just saw an article on the product announcement, visited the Arlo website and have put my camera system purchase on hold!!! I would like to know what is the quality of the night vision? I don't know how 850nm looks like in pitch black or assisted with sodium vapor lights. I love the battery options, true wireless tech and the basic service plan option. What is the policy of returning if the system doesn't work out? Do you offer a sample test unit with the station and a camera to try out for business owners? I have a warehouse shop, retail front and would set a camera outside.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark 

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Regular Arlos , the Qs and the new Pro all work at 850nm for the IR

At that optic range to us, the IR illuminators appears as a slightly red glowing led

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
markmatus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I see that in the spec, but what does the image quality look like? Do you have the camera setup and if so could you provide an image? Basically at 20 ft range in the dark?
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Here is a link to a post of mine from a few months ago showing some footage in total darkness and illumination from the cameras only:

The video clips were recorded at medium quality. Camera mount height about 8-9 feet.