Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Motion settings

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
jayeandsandy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Need help.

I go to my settings and setup menus and try to adjust the motion sensetivity to 40 instead of the default of 80 percent. I go to edit rules and edit both. After 10 minutes of adjusting my 5 cameras I constantly get notifications on my cell when a car passes by. I go back to settings and everything and eventhough I adjusted the sliders to 40 percent they are all back to 80 percent. How can I save the settings and lock them at at 40 percent?

Thank you

Jaye and Sandy

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is this through the iOS app?

Try doing it on your computer. Also. make sure you click SAVE every time you go back a menu

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
also, take it down to 10% and work your way up until the camera works like you want it to.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PS...after adjusting the slider...use the BACK at upper left of page, SAVE is on the bottom of previous page

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're missing something - you say you're in Settings to adjust this.  Wrong place - that's just for testing purposes and doesn't save.

Use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes (Armed by default).  In there is where you make all settings to save.  As Tom mentions, use the Back selection on the adjustment page and then Save at the bottom.  I'd strongly recommend that you leave Armed alone and create your own custom mode.  Set up a camera rule the way you want and save it.  Reedit the new mode and add additional camera rules.  Then use that mode instead of Armed.

Sirens918
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set my camera to 1 and it goes off constantly, all night long! I watch the video and there is nothing, no fly, no spider not even a cob web. I would love to get  a notification when somebody is on my property but this is geting to be too much, I cant even take the notification seriously anymore. All of my other cameras function perfectly. Is there a setting that will pick up a tresspasser and not pollen?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sirens918,

Is audio detection enabled?

Consider disabling or reducing audio sensitivity and test to see if you get the same results:

How do I change the audio sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select the desired camera > Audio Settings > toggle off speaker and microphone

Any change in behavior recently?

JamesC

Sirens918
Aspirant
Aspirant
Negative, audio is disabled. After my post the notifications kept pouring in for about 30 mins then stopped. I logged on to see if the battery had died and it appeared to be fine. I cleared the record history and closed the app. As soon as I did I got about 10 straight notifications and it quit. Not sure if I never got another notification because of the sensitivity set to 1 or no motion. I will keep turning up the sensitivity to find the comfort zone.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is currently investigating this issue. I will post an update with more information as soon as I can. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC