Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stevejb
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Delay in the detection really *.  Yesterday, I received 2 notifications about movement on two different cameras on the driveway and front door.   The first one DW recorded but nothing was recorded.   A minute later the front door notified and started recording.   By the time the video started recording the creature was already 90 percent past the driveway, only got the tail end.   Both of the cameras are set at 90% sensitivity.   Time to look for an alternative.   

Driveway:  (nothing recorded)

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/465EBD025FFF539C_202002 

Front door:   (tail end of creature)

https://my.arlo.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/EB368E3A4DD49290_202002

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Stevejb wrote:

The Delay in the detection really sucks.  Yesterday, I received 2 notifications about movement on two different cameras on the driveway and front door.   The first one DW recorded but nothing was recorded.   A minute later the front door notified and started recording.   By the time the video started recording the creature was already 90 percent past the driveway, only got the tail end.   Both of the cameras are set at 90% sensitivity.   

The links have expired, so I can't see either one.  How far was the creature from the cameras, and how large was it?

The range of PIR sensors is 20-25 feet for people - they can trigger from further away, but not reliably.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I have the same issue.

If you have a usb thumb-drive attached to your base station, safely eject the thumb drive, place it in your computer and view the files. 

With mine locally recorded files are working as expected, but the same file on the"cloud" is at least 2 seconds shorter, but up to 4 seconds shorter, and it is always missing from the start of the file. This results in what looks like false triggers.

It is massively inconvenient to refer to the USB drive on this base station. Local drive viewing has only just been introduced on newer "hubs"

I have had a case open since before Christmas, and have been elevated twice. The current case number is....

Your Case Details
Case Number: 41324651
Subject: All motion recordings are saved in the local storage but some are not showing up on the library. Recordings on the cloud is shorter than the saved video in the local storage