Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
jjs4653
Star
Star

Motion sensitivity will not stay on any setting other than 50%... It defaults back to this even if I change it to 80% .  I think there is an issue with the software.  Need update.  Any one else have this problem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you're either using the wrong sensitivity setting (the one in Settings for testing motion detection) or you're not saving the setting in your modes and rules. Be sure to always look at both the top and bottom of your screen for a Save selection.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you're either using the wrong sensitivity setting (the one in Settings for testing motion detection) or you're not saving the setting in your modes and rules. Be sure to always look at both the top and bottom of your screen for a Save selection.

Ducktaper
Star
Star

Howdy. I had that issue then discovered that where you are trying to adjust the sensitivity is the wrong place. That scale you refer to is to do a walking sensitivity TEST only, for determining where you want to set it. To actually set it, go to Mode, click on your base station, then the green crayon of Armed. Now click the green crayon of the camera to adjust, then click the green crayon of Detects Motion. Always hit Save after an adjustment.

Good luck. 

Stanwoodteach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro: I only find the geen crayon by the scheduling mode. I use to have the green crayons by the cameras but they have disappeared.  Anyone know why it disappeared?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may depend on what version of the app you're using or if the cache needs to be flushed on either the app or the browser.

Depending on which interface you're using, you may see a right-pointing arrow (browser) or green pencil/crayon on the right side of the line where you're trying to edit.  If nothing, try both the app and a browser.  Perhaps a restart of the phone is needed if using the app.

Stanwoodteach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I discovered the problem, sort of.  My husband is the administrator of the system but he gave me administrative access.  When I logged on as him, the green crayons appeared.  I don't know why they didn't show up if I had access, but I was able to get to them at least.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Guest access is certainly limited in various respects, even with "full" access.
rak
Guide
Guide

How do I save motion sensitivity setting after changing slider in : Mode:armed:<camera name>: motion is detected? thanks

rak
Guide
Guide

never mind i found it, but not intuitive to have to click on the previous breadcrumb screen