Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Motion Detection Problem

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ranger1212
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras stopped motion detecting.  Rebooted it,  and rebooted the base station.  Same issue.

Modes,  rules and motion is on.  Sensitivity is at 70%.  The camera shows the motion "man" icon as orange,  and stays orange.   Its been orange for about 15 minutes.  Why would the motion break all of a sudden ? 

3 REPLIES 3
Ranger1212
Aspirant
Aspirant

So further testing , and it looks like the motion detection is sticking .......the running man stays orange until I go in and try to live view,  then back out.  The running man then turns back to black,  and I can trip the motion sense again.  However,  it then stays orange .

When the camera does detect motion,  it records the 30 seconds I have set correctly.  However, the orange running man stays orange.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Obv the orange man means recording....

this glitch has occur before. You did the basic fixes, but you may have to remove the camera and bring back as new ... This also rebuilds the modes for that camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ranger1212
Aspirant
Aspirant

So arlo technical support (call center) was pretty much useless.  I then received a call from an American based support center but I was on my way home from work.  Upon arriving at home,   the issue appears to have cleared.  No more prolonged "motion" detecting and its resetting properly after every alarm event.