Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Joto-4
Aspirant
Aspirant

So far camera and solar panel working well.  I am interested in adjustment of the motion detection which I have read is about 20 feet or so.  I am interested in showing the street but only having the camera motion active on our property.  I angled the camera to show the street which begins at 30 feet extending 80 feet and the sensitivity set at 50% and every time a vehicle passed there was motion detected which I do not want-at more than 80 feet away.  I want to view street without motion detection and only want motion for 20 to 30 feet maximum on our property.  So far unable to do so.  The motion detection is set for 50% and does not seem to change because when I lowered or increased it the detection always returned to 50%.  How do I change the motion detection to get the street but only activate on 20-30 feet of our property?  Thanks.  Amazed at the high quality video of the camera. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Motion Detection Test is just that - a test. All settings for how the camera will operate are found in your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here on how to create and modify them. Basically, use the Mode tab, select your base and make changes to your modes (Armed by default) and/or create your own custom modes. The sensitivity setting has to be in each mode/rule since you may well need different sensitivity settings for different times of the day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

When your adjusting the sensitivity you have to save the new setting which is located in the upper right hand of the screen, change to new setting and hit save and 2 the cameras will pick up vehicles at a greater distance due to there big IR reflection

Joto-4
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I change the motion detection percentage it always returns to 50% because there is No Save feature in the right hand corner.  I have searched everywhere in the App and there is only Motion Detection Test.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Motion Detection Test is just that - a test. All settings for how the camera will operate are found in your modes and rules. Read the FAQs here on how to create and modify them. Basically, use the Mode tab, select your base and make changes to your modes (Armed by default) and/or create your own custom modes. The sensitivity setting has to be in each mode/rule since you may well need different sensitivity settings for different times of the day.

Joto-4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I finally changed the motion detection level.  Appreciate the assistance.  Overall the camera and solar panel are working well.